cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
SKY_Alex
Ivory

How long does a checkpoint user account and password remain valid?

Jump to solution

I have laptop encrypted from a former employer and yesterday my login and password just stopped going through. It's been 2 years since leaving them and I never removed the endpoint encryption. I'm looking for some help please. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Pearl

Re: How long does a checkpoint user account and password remain valid?

Jump to solution

Just call your former employer and a schedule to a date with them to remove the endpoint encryption together. They will learn from it and you'll receive help. If that doesn't work, try this uninstall password: secret

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Danny
Pearl

Jump to solution

Just call your former employer and a schedule to a date with them to remove the endpoint encryption together. They will learn from it and you'll receive help. If that doesn't work, try this uninstall password: secret

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Jump to solution

To be honest, I've never heard of anyone's password "expiring."

Of course, this is the first time I've heard of a former employee keeping a laptop with full disk encryption installed. 

Presumably during this time, it was unable to "phone home" to the Endpoint management server to receive updates, etc.

A screenshot of what you see when you attempt to log in might be helpful, but I suspect you're out of luck.

The only way to get into the laptop would be:

• Logging in with a different account that is authorized to so
  • Decrypt the hard drive using the recovery file

I'm guessing you have neither of these files and, given it's been a couple years, your former employer no longer has this information either.

0 Kudos
SKY_Alex
Ivory

Jump to solution

Can you suggest any other reason besides the user account expiring, that the password would stop being accepted and an invalid logon message would be displayed? I used it yesterday and turning it on today after it died, I was just unable to log in.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Jump to solution

I'm not even sure accounts "expire" this way--will have to ask the experts.

A picture of the screen where the password is not accepted would be helpful as it might provide a clue.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Check Point has expiration option for user accounts. I, however, suspect a different issue related to the named employer action. 

0 Kudos