Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_Campbell1
Contributor
Jump to solution

HTTPS categorization on non-standard ports (ie not 80 or 443)

Does HTTPS categorization work on non-standard ports? How does the gateway decide that it has to or can categorize a site? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin_Campbell1
Contributor

HI,

I think I may have answered my own question. I decided to RTFM (Application Control and URL Filtering Guide) and found "urlf_ssl_cn_enc_http_services_only" which is documented under fine tuning HTTPS Categorization. It's a system property that controls which ports are monitored for SSL signatures. The default value is "False" which means "The Security Gateway listens for SSL signatures on all ports". If "True" it only monitors services defined as "ENC-HTTP" in the protocol section.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The list of services defined under Application Control Web Browsing Services would be the safest bet.

0 Kudos
Colin_Campbell1
Contributor

HI,

Please excuse my newbiness but where would I find the equivalent in R77? Is it in the services listed in the HTTPS Inspection policy?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

R77.30 and earlier are not quite as flexible, but there is an option to perform HTTP Inspection on non-standard ports:

0 Kudos
Colin_Campbell1
Contributor

HI,

I think I may have answered my own question. I decided to RTFM (Application Control and URL Filtering Guide) and found "urlf_ssl_cn_enc_http_services_only" which is documented under fine tuning HTTPS Categorization. It's a system property that controls which ports are monitored for SSL signatures. The default value is "False" which means "The Security Gateway listens for SSL signatures on all ports". If "True" it only monitors services defined as "ENC-HTTP" in the protocol section.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Ah well there you go Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events