Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_T600
Contributor

Error installing endpoint on server 2016

Anyone else ran into this error before, attached a screenshot of it. 

This is on a server 2016 machine, which I had to remove checkpoint once before because some of the blades were causing issues. I was able to completely remove everything, but now when I try to install I get this error. 

The install is creating this directory, but then saying it doesn't have access to it. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You may need the cpclean utility, or an newer version of it.

CPclean utility for Full Disk Encryption / Pointsec PC 

Kevin_T600
Contributor

Apparently 80.89 is the first supported release for server 2016, so support isn't willing to help me at all. I have version 80.86 on a bunch of server 2016's without issue, but I will try 80.89 to see what happens. 

I was surprised to hear that 80.89 was the first version to support 2016, couple years late IMO. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Can you send me the TAC SR privately?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The first mention I can find for Windows Server 2016 support was a custom version of E80.70.

The first mainstream support for this was E80.72.

First mention I can find is E80.72: Endpoint Compliance support for Windows Server 2016 

See also the release notes for E80.72: E80.72 Endpoint Security Client for Windows Release Notes

I will follow up with the SR you sent me privately.

0 Kudos
Kevin_T600
Contributor

I attempted to install 80.89 on this server and got the same error message, as I figured the version has nothing to do with the issue that is happening. 

Hopefully now support will actually attempt to get me a real solution instead of a "cop-out" answer of use the latest version. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events