Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markus_Hoyer
Participant
Jump to solution

Endpoint policy to scan removable drives immidiatly when plugged in

Dear CheckMates,

I've gotten lost in the Admin Guide, where do I set the policy to immidiatly scan removable drives USB etc. when plugged into a given devices with endpoint installed. 

Currently I have "scan all files upon access", which as far as I've understood is only when the file is being activated.

Hope you can help

/best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

Markus,

While in the Smart Endpoint, under Media Encryption and Port Protection policies, expand the "Advanced" section and you can customize how you want to scan removable devices.  Once a user plugs in a device that is allowed in your security policy, it will prompt the user that in order to use the device, CheckPoint needs to scan it first.  Below are images of sample policies.

Hope this helps!

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

Markus,

While in the Smart Endpoint, under Media Encryption and Port Protection policies, expand the "Advanced" section and you can customize how you want to scan removable devices.  Once a user plugs in a device that is allowed in your security policy, it will prompt the user that in order to use the device, CheckPoint needs to scan it first.  Below are images of sample policies.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Markus_Hoyer
Participant

Thank you Steve, that cleared things up.

I thought would be a setting in the Anti-malware policy for some reason. 

Thansk again for the swift reply. 

/best regards

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events