cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balakrishna_Med
Explorer

Endpoint client server IP change

Hi,

Is there any way to change management server IP in Endpoint Client?

or can we add a secondary source to update the database?

Thanks

Balakrishna 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
Simone_Mantovan
Participant

Hello

I've followed the SK65451 (and SK40993), and I was able to change the IP address of the Endpoint Management Server (in my lab environment, using a demo installation, the connectionpoint.bind.ip properties wasn't present within the files indicated by the SK65451).

Even if I install the policy from SmartEnpoint, client still try to connect to the old IP address of the management server, and is not trying to connect to the new one.

In my case, the problem could be related to the demo license? Have you ever tried to change the IP address of the management server? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

0 Kudos
cyberfinder
Explorer

Hi have you found any solution for this ?

0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Hi, we've had a TAC case for a similar issue open with Check Point. In our case we had a distributed deployment (management server & separete policy server in DMZ).

The Policy server had both a local DMZ address & it received NAT'd connectioned from the public internet.
The original deployment had been done on R80.30 where the parameter referred to by Simone still existed, however all versions since then don't include that parameter in their source code.

As we upgraded from R80.30 to R81 that parameter flew out & we had a mass of disconnected clients since the external public IP disappeared from client config & devices would not even attempt to access the policy server through NAT.

The way we resolved this was through adding a new network interface to the policy server with the public IP address & entering the IP into NAT settings of the Policy Server object.

I would however STRONGLY suggest engaging with TAC prior to making any changes as mistakes in this department lead to Endpoint clients losing the IP from their configuration. And to resolve that you'd have to re-deploy or upgrade all affected installations through 3rd party tools (SCCM, etc.)

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events