Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Endpoint client policy updates

Greetings,

We have 81 Windows 10 Surface Books all deployed with SandBlast Endpoint Agent.  Many of these devices rarely are wired to the network.  They connect and get all policy updates for every application we have deployed using Microsoft Direct Access with one exception: SandBlast Endpoint Agent.

If the agent were to connect to the Endpoint Management Server by domain name, policy updates would just work.  Now for my question:  How can I make the E80.82 client connect to management using its internal DNS name?

I have asked TAC but not getting any traction, they don't know what Direct Access is.

Best regads & thank you in advance,

Dan Roddy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marina_Lachtarn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Dan,

In one of upcoming releases of Endpoint Management and Endpoint Client we are planning to provide this ability built in the product.

Meanwhile for having workaround please open a Support ticket and ask to get a workaround from R&D to connect with FQDN. The configuration is not very convenient yet but you will be able to test it as a workaround in your environment before we release it officially with convenient configuration. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Why not by internal IP address?

0 Kudos
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

Microsoft Direct Access uses the Name Resolution Policy Table (NRPT) to address resources inside the domain, therefore the dns name must be used by the client.

Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

OK, can I edit the IP and replace it with dns name?

0 Kudos
Marina_Lachtarn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Dan,

In one of upcoming releases of Endpoint Management and Endpoint Client we are planning to provide this ability built in the product.

Meanwhile for having workaround please open a Support ticket and ask to get a workaround from R&D to connect with FQDN. The configuration is not very convenient yet but you will be able to test it as a workaround in your environment before we release it officially with convenient configuration. 

Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

Thank you Marina, I opened a case: SR # 3-0511850271 but I don't think it was sent to R&D, how can I tell?

0 Kudos
Marina_Lachtarn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I will follow up.

0 Kudos
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

Hi Marina,  I am checking back with you to see if support for IPv6 has been built in to EP clients to get policy updates through Microsoft Direct Access.  EP is the only security client in our environment that is not currently working in this regard.

Thank you,

Dan Roddy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events