cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simone_Mantovan
Participant

Endpoint Security Server Tomcat Issue

Hello everyone

I have an issue with Endpoint Server R77.30.03; this server has been updated in July from R77.30.01; and everything has worked fine until last day, when all the client went in disconnected state; after several hours of checks and restart (cpstop/cpstart and also reboot of the server) clients began to connect correctly to server (connected policy loaded); but today the issue happened again; I've notice within the logs these entries:

==> /opt/CPuepm-R77/logs/mod_jk.log <==

[Fri Oct 26 22:43:37.837 2018] [14420:4156471040] [error] ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (2118): (all) Tomcat is down or refused connection. No response has been sent to the client (yet)

[Fri Oct 26 22:43:37.837 2018] [14420:4156471040] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (2600): (all) sending request to tomcat failed (unrecoverable),  (attempt=1)

These messages appear when working with SmartEndpoint; and every task I try to perform on SmartEndpoint fail with timeout error (Communication Timeout Error - A timeout error occurred during communication to the server).

I supposed that there's some issue with Tomcat that cause the error with SmartEndpoint and cause the disconnection of the clients.

What can I check?

I've noticed also that there are two different instances of PostgreSQL (postgresql and postgresql9.2) each instance listen on a different port, and netstat reports connection only for the PostgreSQL 9.2; just I've never noticed this before, is it a normal behaviour?

Please help ... Thanks everybody

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you opened a TAC case on this by chance?

0 Kudos
Simone_Mantovan
Participant

Yes I've open a service request; what I've noticed is that the Tomcat server used by the endpoint server, is listening on localhost on 4 ports (8005, 8009, 61616 and 8080), the port 8009, sometime doesn't reply or reply after a while.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's definitely worthy of a TAC case.

0 Kudos
Arun_R
Collaborator

Hi Simone,

Got any solution on this from TAC.?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events