cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Levine
Contributor

Endpoint Security Install on Servers

Hi All,

I am starting to deploy the endpoint client to servers. We are licensed for endpoint complete, but I am wondering what blades others have installed in this scenario. I am thinking to stick with installing AntiMalware only on the servers, leaving SBA, AB, TE, MEPP, etc. for just the client workstations.

What are you all doing for this? Especially curious as it related to servers running services like AD Domain Controllers, SQL Servers, Sharepoint servers, etc.

Thanks in advance;

~D

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It depends on how the server is administered, I think.
The more "end user" like things you do on the server (i.e. use a web browser, have physical access to it), the more of the blades you should run.
A decent minimum set for a proper server seems to be Anti-Bot and Anti-Malware.
0 Kudos
Boaz_Barzel
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

For Servers deployment I would run Anti-Malware and Forensics with Learning mode configuration at first

Then I would add additional components, such as Anti-Ransomware and Behavioral Guard, Anti-Bot and Threat Emulation for the file system. I would start with learning mode configuration and create the relevant exclusions based on the server type and the component deployed

It is recommended that  for servers deployment and policy configuration you will separate the policy rules that will provide you with more complete control over the servers deployment and policy

please read the following SK to learn more about learning mode to best practice and the configuration

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

“Always Be yourself, unless you can Be Batman, then always be Batman”
David_Levine
Contributor

Thanks for the reply;

I am reading through the sk's you referenced regarding Learning Mode. This is very helpful... Is this something that is incorporated in official training / documentation?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SecureKnowledge is a form of official documentation.
I imagine we'll add it to the product documentation in upcoming releases.
0 Kudos
David_Levine
Contributor

Totally agree... just hadn't seen it before, and am finding it helpful!
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events