Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephan_Budach
Participant

Does R80.20 ship a new SSL Network Extender, that doesn't require Java?

Apple has finally dropped the shoe and removed any Java-support from Safari 12, as has done Mozilla for Firefox. Is there a new SSL Network Extender in R80.20, which addresses this issue?

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The following SK still applies for R80.20: Mobile Access Portal and Java Compatibility - New Mobile Access Portal Agent technology 

A hotfix (currently in EA for R80.20) is required.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Any guess on how long it will take before it will be released as general release?

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Stephan_Budach
Participant

I have tried to get the hotfix and new agent to work, but it isn't compatible with our environment. First, the PAinstaller fails to intall the certificate into any user home, if the username contains a dot, as is with ours: stephan.budach. Second this hotfix does only install itself into the user home directly, so the Mac agent can't be mass-deployed, which is especially bad, since  - should we ever overcome the first issue, it will bug everybody with the installation.

Is there anyway, I can address at least the first issue, as this is a real misconception… you simply can't assume anything about a username, other not having  any non-printable characters.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

EA means Early Availability, which means it might have bugs like this.

Did you report this thru the channel which you got the hotfix?

0 Kudos
Stephan_Budach
Participant

Well… it looks like we're on collaborative support, so I wasn't able to create a ticket on the support pages. I will have to check with my supplier…

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events