Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom_allen
Contributor

Confused

Hello, I am 100% self taught with the Endpoint Security 81.30 (what we are running currently) on our endpoints. I have downloaded the deployment packages for both the desktops and laptops we have after selecting the blades that we want to run. Desktops do not have the VPN client packages in the EPS.msi file. I deploy with SCCM to the desktops without issue. Shortly after the desktop wants to upgrade. 10 minutes later it has the VPN blade installed. Now I have been working with Virtual groups and deployment rules. Under the console it looks like this. I did delete some deployment rules so I may have answered my our question. Basically I have 3 SCCM deployment packages (2 EPS.msi files) that go to desktops and laptops. I don't want any thing on the console end adding or removing blades. Am I making sense? Thanks!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tom_allen
Contributor

Capture6.JPG

0 Kudos
Jeff_Engel
Employee
Employee

Hi Tom,

Did you install policy after deleting the deployment rules?

0 Kudos
tom_allen
Contributor

yes, so now when I install the package with SCCM the desktops have the correct blades. And do not automatically update and add the VPN. So I must of had something screwed up. But Now my default "software deployment" states "do not install" Should I hit the drop down and just pick the 81.30 client version? What affect does the "do not install" have? 

0 Kudos
Jeff_Engel
Employee
Employee

Selecting Do Not Install means exactly that to the mgmt server.  When a client connects to the mgmt server it won’t do anything in regards to client installs/upgrades.

Hope that makes some sense.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events