Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Eatch
Explorer

Allow SCCM ZeroTouch staging with FDE?

When initiating a SCCM ZeroTouch Task Sequence on a running OS, the process stages files on the local drive and forces the machine to reboot into WinPE via the staged files. This process breaks when the local drive is encrypted. For other FDE products, the solution usually revolves around adding the encryption product's drivers to WinPE and/or not encrypting the staged files. Has anyone been able to make this work?

I can make this process work if I manually boot into WinPE via PXE-boot or a USB drive as ZeroTouch can then wipe out the partition, but I'd really like this to work on a running OS as it would require no manual action.

4 Replies
Andreas_Richter
Explorer

We also have this question. Do you have already a solution for that?

Jesse_Wittsche
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Do you have a ticket on this, if so can you let me know and I can check on it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jeremy_Moran
Explorer

I would like to know the answer to this question too, but instead of using SCCM, another vendor called iVanti to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using a ZeroTouch technology too!

0 Kudos
Andreas_Richter
Explorer

With the new client version E80.90 it should be possible. We are currently updating our management and then we will check this out.

Does anybody has already clients with Windows 7 and E80.90 or 92 and did a test?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events