Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
af0e2c12-4d24-3
Participant
Jump to solution

Is CloudGuard SaaS being replaced by Cloud MTA?

My reseller has notified me that CloudGuard SaaS is being replaced by Cloud MTA and that we will need to migrate from CloudGuard SaaS to Cloud MTA by March 31st of this year.

However, all documentation they are providing including a link to sk171273 all indicate instead "Sandblast Cloud" which seems to be a much older product. Neither SandBlast Cloud not Cloud MTA seem to support Onedrive and Sharepoint, so I don't see how checkpoint could force this migration to an email-only product. I've exchanged a couple emails with my reseller and they insist this also applies to CloudGuard SaaS.

Has anyone else heard about this, and can anyone clear up the confusion? To me it really seems it's only for the old "Sandblast Cloud" product, and not CloudGuard SaaS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jonathango
Employee
Employee

Hi all,

A correction to the previous comments:

• SandBlast Cloud for Office 365 is the product that is on its way out of Check Point in the short term (end of life - May 2021).
  • In parallel, we are working on improving our email security offering and the new and improved backend is already available in the form of a new application in the Infinity Portal called Cloud MTA (name to change soon).
  • Cloud MTA includes many many more features, capabilities and security controls than the ones existing in SandBlast Cloud.
  • Customers are more than welcome to go to portal.checkpoint.com and check out Cloud MTA and also subscribe for the following SK to stay updated on the release of new features:
    SK170654 Cloud MTA | What's New?
  • Only SandBlast Cloud customers are requested to migrate to Cloud MTA.
  • CloudGuard SaaS customers do not need to go through any migration to any other product. It is fully supported and will remain fully supported.
  • In case that in the future CloudGuard SaaS customers will need to perform actions to enjoy the new backend as well, we will notify them. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is some overlap between SandBlast Cloud and CloudGuard SaaS but they are, in fact, different products.
As I understand it, we are moving everyone still using SandBlast Cloud (a legacy product focused on Office 365 email) to Cloud MTA (a new one).
CloudGuard SaaS is not going anywhere.

af0e2c12-4d24-3
Participant

Thank you for the clarification.

0 Kudos
Jonathango
Employee
Employee

Hi all,

A correction to the previous comments:

• SandBlast Cloud for Office 365 is the product that is on its way out of Check Point in the short term (end of life - May 2021).
  • In parallel, we are working on improving our email security offering and the new and improved backend is already available in the form of a new application in the Infinity Portal called Cloud MTA (name to change soon).
  • Cloud MTA includes many many more features, capabilities and security controls than the ones existing in SandBlast Cloud.
  • Customers are more than welcome to go to portal.checkpoint.com and check out Cloud MTA and also subscribe for the following SK to stay updated on the release of new features:
    SK170654 Cloud MTA | What's New?
  • Only SandBlast Cloud customers are requested to migrate to Cloud MTA.
  • CloudGuard SaaS customers do not need to go through any migration to any other product. It is fully supported and will remain fully supported.
  • In case that in the future CloudGuard SaaS customers will need to perform actions to enjoy the new backend as well, we will notify them. 
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events