cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slava_Zhevelyuk
Participant

CloudGuard SaaS Provisioning

Hi Guys,

We just got out first CloudGuard SaaS across the line and need to provision it now. We've got the keys from a distributer, but I cant seem to find any information on provisioning process? (How to create a tenant in portal, add keys etc.) Is there a deployment guide of some sorts?

Thanks

Regards,

Slava

4 Replies
Asaf_Henig
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Slava

Once you create an account on Check Point portal (Check Point CloudGuard SaaS Portal ) , Check Point personnel, are getting your request to login to the portal and should approve it. Once you are approved you'll get a notification and can login to the portal with your credentials. 

Once on the portal for the first time you will need to follow the instructions on the screen. They are extremely easy and simply ask you to choose the cloud applications you would like to protect. For each application you approve , the portal will open an administration approval window of that specific application so you'll approve CGS as an admin on that application so we'll be able to connect to it. 

Once applications are connected, the system simply starts to scan the resources on that application, e.g. email/files, and start generating security events of various kinds (Malware, Phishing, anomalies etc..). You are now ready to go. 

Let me know if you have been created an account and if not please approach Check Point sales in your region that should approach our local SEs to approve your account.

Regards

0 Kudos
Eugene_Tcheby
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

0 Kudos
Slava_Zhevelyuk
Participant

Thanks Asaf and Eugene for the replies! This is definitely helpful. Thanks for providing the doc Eugene!

Apologies I have not explained myself completely. We are Check Point channel partner and what I am trying to do and to understand what has to happen post-sale. As I mentioned we received keys from the distributer and I need to provision CGS on customers behalf.

Is there a way to do it or I must have an account in customer O365 tenant?

We are also providing managed services to a customer and therefore will be looking after CGS. What is the best approach here? Ideally I would want to login as myself for audit reasons

I'm still unclear on the relation between keys and provisioning process? We have tried requesting CGS trial and setting it up with our internal test-bed O365 tenant, however where is the relation between portal and licensing

Thanks

0 Kudos
Eugene_Tcheby
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

In regards to provisioning your customer's ClouGuard SaaS portal, full admin credentials of their Office 365 tenant are needed to establish connection with MS O365 API and allow CGS to scan emails. I would suggest to do perform this task via remote session or ideally on-site as this information is quite sensitive. This is a one-time occurrence. 

I'm not quite sure about what the keys have to do with this process either. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events