Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

migrate export in bash script

Running into this, when running 'migrate export ....' in a bash script.   It works fine directly from command the command line.

RE: R80.00 GA  manager

I attached the output from the migration log.

I'm going to try adding the shared library to the PATH first.     Maybe it's a postgreSQL HBA issue for a local user, not sure yet.

Adding PGDIR, PATH and libraries worked and the backup worked fine.

Now, on the test restore, I'm getting psql.bin: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Igal_Rivin
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

We will check the issue and let you know.

0 Kudos
Igal_Rivin
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Please verify that you are running your process under root permissions.

You are not able to run psql_client without being root.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

Thanks.

This is a R80.00 GA to R80.00 GA migrate export/import.  Yes, I'm running in expert mode.   I also verified the same issue happens taking my script out of the equation.

This issue can be replicated from the $FWDIR/bin/upgrade_tools/migrate binary, both migrates used (on the source and destination R80 -build 101 boxes is 10870840 bytes (the same version).

#NOTE:  After rebuilding the box I was importing too, the issue dis-appeared, restored to a clean box worked.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

This was using take 29 for source and destination, I see take 63 is out now.

0 Kudos
Igal_Rivin
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

We are trying to investigate the psql_client issue and we need to know more information about what was done on the environment:

1. Did you modify in any way $FWDIR/conf?

2. Can you list the exact libs/files you added/modified?

3. What do you mean by "test restore"?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

1. No

2. 0 libs/files modified

3. migrate export / migrate import

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

I also tried to migrate export/import with a different migrate utility that is 127

Still got the same psql.bin: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

This is going from R80.00 take 29 to R80.00 take 29.

My next test will be to go from R80.00 take 29 to R80.00 take 63.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

Has anybody tried migrate export/import with R80.   I get the same issue with postgres password authentication going from:

take 29 to jumbo 63

take 29 to take 29

jumbo 63 to jumbo 63

How can you update the postgres user, allow the postgres user?

Is this just a HBA issue ?

I'm not planning on moving to R80 until 'migrate' works .

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

I have a case open with TAC and this is a known issue.   They are working on it.  I'll update this discussion once resolved.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

I was able to successfully import to a restore box today on T113/29 jumbo 63 to T113/29 (no jumbo) as instructed per TAC and it worked!   I was then able to connect to the newly restored manager on R80 T113/29 with the newer R80 T113/29 jumbo take 63 smart console client to the the older R80 T113/29 system.   So, good news I didn't get the postgres user error.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events