cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumar
Participant

Scripting on Checkpoint

Hi all,

I am really interested to do scripting on our Checkpoint platform, I don’t have knowledge on any programming language except C and C++, In my case what language should i learn and in what language we will be doing scripting in Checkpoint.

4 Replies
Joshua_Hatter
Employee
Employee

From a CLI perspective it is simple to do most scripting in Shell. Otherwise you can use any language you like to interact with our API's! We even have some SDK's available in different languages on our GitHub page.

Check Point Software Technologies LTD. · GitHub 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Most of the APIs are REST-based, meaning you can use whatever language you prefer to interact with them (even C/C++).

The Developers (Code Hub)‌ section has many code samples in many different languages.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

In case you are talking about SmartConsole Extensions you'd need to write to: extensions@checkpoint.com

If you have something like Python in mind ($FWDIR/Python/bin/python), before running your scripts just add them to /etc/fw/conf/whitelist

Petter_Andersso
Participant

Danny Jung‌, thaks for the tip! Do you know if you can witeliste a foler/path whare it is okay to execute .py script.

I am traying to get Ansible to connect to a Checkpoint firewall.

I get it works on a 80.10 system, widout editing the /etc/fw/conf/whitelist file.

i can not get it to work on 77.30/77.20 system. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events