cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

Add access-role argument help

Jump to solution

Trying to create a batch of Access Roles and add a user group to them at the same time. I've got the "add access-role" set up to create the ARs, but I run into issues when I try to add the user group to the access role. Newbie to the new API and scripting engine for R80.10 I guess.

add access-role name FW_AR machines "any" networks "any" remote-access-clients "any" users "????????"

The group I want to add is an internal user group, everything else is very vanilla.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee+
Employee+

Re: Add access-role argument help

Jump to solution

The users field if being specific needs to be an 'object'. So we will access the internal users keys source and selection with users.source, and users.selection. 

Example:

#mgmt_cli add access-role name "<access-role-name>" machines "any" networks "any" remote-access-clients "any" users.source "Internal User Groups" users.selection "<name-of-internal-group>"

Hope this helps.

4 Replies
Employee+
Employee+

Jump to solution

The users field if being specific needs to be an 'object'. So we will access the internal users keys source and selection with users.source, and users.selection. 

Example:

#mgmt_cli add access-role name "<access-role-name>" machines "any" networks "any" remote-access-clients "any" users.source "Internal User Groups" users.selection "<name-of-internal-group>"

Hope this helps.

Employee++
Employee++

Jump to solution

Correct, and in the case of several users, you should use a list notation - 

users.1.source "src1" users.1.selection "sel1" users.2.source "src2" users.2.selection "sel2" etc.

Robert.

Jump to solution

Thank you Robert, I didn't realize that I would need this until you mentioned it. Thanks!

Jump to solution

Boom, that's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!