cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Unable to block content from certain domains

All,

I have URL blocking enabled for some domains via Harmony Connect. I believe they are mostly SPAM purveyors but they may also be doing website analytics.  However, perusing the logs I can see these domains are bypassing the rules. I am using the same method for other URL's and they are working. These domains are flagged as suspicious and high risk yet I cannot stop them. Interestingly one of the domains in the Harmony Connect Weekly report I receive triggers both Accept AND Reject actions.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just to make sure, you have those domains blocked in the same rule as the ones that are blocked properly?

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Correct. Attached examples.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Moving this to the correct space.
Is HTTPS Inspection enabled here?
You might need to engage the TAC to see what's really happening here.

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Thanks. HTTPS is not enabled so that could be part of it but I would think that

any simple call to an offending domain would be stopped. If I get some time I'll

contact TAC.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Technically, if those other sites are blocked without inspection on, there is no reason logically why ones you have issues would not be either. Though, obviously, you wont get block page presented, but they should be blocked with message that page cant be loaded or is reset. Do you get any warnings/errors at all or pages simply come up as they normally would?

Andy

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Well it's difficult to tell if there are warnings/errors presented as I am not the affected user. Best I can do is ask if there are any page load issues. However, one user is my spouse so I'm fairly certain I would hear about it. 🙂 I will check with her.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Well, I aint Dr Phil, but you BETTER hear from your spouse, HAHAHA. Anyway, without https inspection, no user will ever get block page, as there is nothing for gateway to intercept, but page definitely wont come up.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@the_rock /insert vague admin notice about maintaining a professional discussion here/

0 Kudos
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@_Val_ Its just light-hearted joke brother, no malicious intent whatsoever : - )

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

HappyNewYear2021FireworksGIF.gif

Andy

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events