Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oscar_David_Gom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

R80.40 SmartEvent

Hi,

Does anyone knows if a R80.20 Security Management can manage a R80.40 SmartEvent dedicated server? Can I have such configuration 'out of the box' or do I need Hotfix?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Zada
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

Yes, this is supported. Currently SmartEvent can be upgraded without the management (as long as it is deployed on a different server). Please notice that if the machine is also log server, this is not supported. Log Servers and Management machines must run the same version.

I would like like to use this thread to ask you (and everyone else who reads it) - what is the use case for having such environment (management and log server running version X and SmartEvent running version X+1)?

Thanks!

Dan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dan_Zada
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

Yes, this is supported. Currently SmartEvent can be upgraded without the management (as long as it is deployed on a different server). Please notice that if the machine is also log server, this is not supported. Log Servers and Management machines must run the same version.

I would like like to use this thread to ask you (and everyone else who reads it) - what is the use case for having such environment (management and log server running version X and SmartEvent running version X+1)?

Thanks!

Dan.

Oscar_David_Gom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and to answer your question, its for a proof of concept where potential customer has a r80.x version and want to try product with last version available, that's it basically.

David. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events