Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Cloud Guard SaaS GA, prerequisites and minimum quantities.

Can someone chime in on when the Cloud Guard SaaS will become available, could it be used in a situations where company does not have dedicated AD, (i.e. using Office 365 and a number of other SaaS services) and what is the minimum number of users that it could be subscribed for?

Thank you,

Vladimir

11 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Unless I completely misunderstand the question, CloudGuard SaaS is already available for quite a collection of different cloud deployment scenarios.

As for the pricing and conditions, it is best to get in touch with the local sales office.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Valery, are you sure you are not talking about former vSEC, that is now also renamed CloudGuard, (i.e. CloudGuard IaaS)? 

I am inquiring about this product: https://community.checkpoint.com/docs/DOC-2728 

I've been talking to a regional sales rep yesterday and he was under impression that this product is not yet in GA.

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

It's Valeri, but no matter. This is exactly my point, CloudGuard SaaS is a versatile name, and it appears in many variations in CP price list, as of now, with multiple deployment options, O365 included. I am still failing to understand which flavor your are looking for, and for that matter the best reference point would be your sales rep.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Apologies for misspelling.

I am primarily interested in O365 flavor with DLP functionality that could be enforced on Windows, OS X, iOS and Android.

I guess my confusion stems from perceiving it as a single product capable of interfacing with number of services as opposed to what you are describing as a number of different products. 

0 Kudos
Asaf_Henig
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Vladimir 

GA of CloudGuard SaaS is expected in few weeks (end of August to early September). 

We already have many customers on the platform testing it and gradualy building their security environment. 

0 Kudos
Asaf_Henig
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Sorry, pressed enter too soon. Anyhow, Office 365 , oneDrive for example, with DLP is supported and will recognize more than 700 file types that checkpoint is supporting on its DLP software blade. At this point in time we do not limit minimum number of users per account.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thank you!

If I would like to get in on the program and enroll few SMBs, what would be the best course of action at this point?

Additionally, are there any plans to offer a product that will combine the functionality of CloudGuard SaaS with SandBlast?

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thank you Asaf.

Any chance on getting me the data I am asking for in the original post of this thread?

Regards,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Abigael_Levy
Employee
Employee

Hello Vladimir,

I am the product manager for CloudGuard SaaS on the RnD side.

Can someone chime in on when the Cloud Guard SaaS will become available?

As Asaf explained, the product, even though not officially GA yet, is already available for POCs and purchases. As of today, CGS protects over 300K end-users. To enroll in CloudGuard SaaS, you can email me directly at abigaels@checkpoint.com

Could it be used in a situations where company does not have dedicated AD (i.e. using Office 365 and a number of other SaaS services)?

I am not sure what you mean by no dedicated AD. CGS has 2 modules: Threat Protection and Identity Protection. Threat Protection is independent from your user management system. We integrate with SaaS applications such as Office 365, G Suite, Box etc..through their public APIs. The Identity protection module is specifically designed to protect your users against account takeover (which constitutes more than half of the breaches in SaaS today). As of today, this module can only be deployed through an integration with an Identity Provider like Microsoft AD FS or Okta, that provides federated identity to your cloud applications. 

What is the minimum number of users that it could be subscribed for?

There is no minimum number of users. Licensing is per user and per month with a minimum of one year.

Additionally, are there any plans to offer a product that will combine the functionality of CloudGuard SaaS with SandBlast?

Could you be more specific as to which Sandblast functionality you are referring to?

Today, the security provided by CloudGuard SaaS is already provided by our Sandblast technology (e.g. sandboxing, malware extraction, anti-virus...).

If you need more details on CloudGuard SaaS, please do not hesitate to email me directly and we will take it from there.

Thanks,

Abigael

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Abigael,

Thank you for responding. I've reached out to you via email.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Thanks for helping out, 

Val

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events