cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question
Highlighted

Why Autoprov-cfg is failing.

Hi Team,

I am trying to run the check point VMSS however I am getting below error on all version of Check point MGMT server. I started testing with R80.10 i faced the issue hence I tried R80.20 too however I am still facing same issue.  

[Expert@mgmtserver:0]# autoprov-cfg -h

failed to run /opt/CPsuite-R80.20/fw1/scripts/protect.sh: 1
/opt/CPsuite-R80.20/fw1/scripts/protect.sh: failed to find '__MDS_FIX__'
[Expert@mgmtserver:0]#

Also let me know about the """-tn "<Configuration-Template-Name>" """. I am not sure where would i get this template name? Is it some sort of template which i need to create or we have a predefined ARM template which we need to use. If it is a ARM then please let me know where should i find it.  

autoprov-cfg init Azure -mn "<Management-Name>" -tn "<Configuration-Template-Name>" -otp "<SIC-key>" -ver <Version> -po "<Policy-Name>" -cn "<Controller-Name>" -sb "<Azure-Subscription>" -at "<Active-Directory-Tenant-ID>" -aci "<Client-ID>" -acs "<Client-Secret>"
Example:

Regards,

Ashutosh Chauhan 

6 Replies
Philip_W
Iron

Re: Why Autoprov-cfg is failing.

Hi

See here: Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) for Microsoft Azure R80.10 and above Administration Guide 

This guide has a section "Downloading and Installing the Latest Auto Provisioning Version" where you can find a link to download a new version of the autoprovision package (autoprovision-addon.tgz). If you install that one, it runs just fine.

Grtz

Philip

0 Kudos

Yah I already tried that several times. It fails. They write don't change syntax and it does not work with that syntex. 

[Expert@servermanager:0]# chmod 777 autoprovision-addon.tgz
[Expert@servermanager:0]#
[Expert@servermanager:0]# tar -zxfC autoprovision-addon.tgz /
tar: C: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

tar: Child returned status 2
tar: autoprovision-addon.tgz: Not found in archive
tar: /: Not found in archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

This is what I get end of the day

Well this syntax did not work for me. i tried below one and it started working. 

[Expert@servermanager:0]# tar C /etc/audit -zxf autoprovision-addon.tgz

0 Kudos

However still I am confused about the Template where would I get that part.    

0 Kudos

Hi,

when you buy your VMSS in the marketplace, you have to define a name for the template. This name has to be the same name that you are using later in ... -tn "template_name" ...

You can call it "my_template" or "what_a_sunny_day", the value only needs to match on both sides.

FYI, you'll find the template name later in the Azure tags from this VMSS.

Carsten

0 Kudos
Employee+
Employee+

Hi,

There is a small typo in the documentation. Do it without the dash and it will work, like this:

tar zxfC autoprovision-addon.tgz /

-mn "<Management-Name>" -tn "<Configuration-Template-Name>" -otp "<SIC-key>" must match what is use(d) when you deploy(ed) the Check Point VMSS. This is documented in Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) for Microsoft Azure R80.10 and above Administration Guide, step 3 and 4.

Arnfinn

0 Kudos