Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramakrishnan
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cloudguard Gaia Portal login issue

Dear Folks,

I have deployed 2 firewalls in Cloudguard autoscaling method.

I can able to login one box with ssh and webgui one firewall, but another fw gw i can able to login ssh but unable to login webgui. Even I tried to reset expert password , but didn't help.

Any one came across such issues? Is that know issue and how could fix it.? 

Your swift response highly appreciated. 

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The fact you're able to log in via SSH is because the authentication for that is an SSH key, not the admin password.
The fact you get a login screen with HTTPS at all means you have an Access Rule in place.
The "permission denied" message is because you are not using the correct admin password.
The expert password does not enter into this process at all.
This can be set on the CLI (not expert mode) to a known value using the command: set user admin password.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You have not mentioned version/JHF level.
Or adequately described the behavior of "unable to login with webgui" to understand what the issue might be.
In any case, simply terminating the failed instance should cause autoscaling to deploy a new instance which might work.
0 Kudos
ramakrishnan
Contributor

>In any case, simply terminating the failed instance should cause autoscaling to deploy a new instance which might work.

Totally Agree. But I would like to identify why this misbehavior happening. 

>You have not mentioned version/JHF level.

R80.30 

0 Kudos
ramakrishnan
Contributor

>You have not mentioned version/JHF level.

r88.30

Or adequately described the behavior of "unable to login with webgui" to understand what the issue might be.

I can able to login thru SSH, but im getting permission denied messaged when I tried to login to webGUI. 

Even I tried to reset the expert password, but didnt help. 

Log message says " httpd2: HTTP login denied from xx.xx.xx.xx for admin" , however I have access rule in place for https and ssh. 

And Yeah, you right said that spin a new instances would fis the issue, but I just wanted to diagnose whats happening...

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The fact you're able to log in via SSH is because the authentication for that is an SSH key, not the admin password.
The fact you get a login screen with HTTPS at all means you have an Access Rule in place.
The "permission denied" message is because you are not using the correct admin password.
The expert password does not enter into this process at all.
This can be set on the CLI (not expert mode) to a known value using the command: set user admin password.
0 Kudos
ramakrishnan
Contributor

Perfect!! Its works. I don't know How did I miss this small thing. 😞

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.