cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HariR1
Explorer

Gaia portal first time login - permission denied

Hi everyone,

I have created a checkpoint instance on azure using terraform script with the following image reference.

storage_image_reference {
 publisher = "checkpoint"
 offer = "check-point-cg-r8110"
 sku = "mgmt-byol"
 version = "latest"
 }

machine is created successfully but when i try to login at https://ip-address with admin & admin credentials prompts permission denied error. And not able to ssh as well.

Please advice me what could be the issue?

Thank you in advance

Hari

0 Kudos
6 Replies
avivs
Employee
Employee

Hi Hari,

When you deployed the instance, I assume you entered an admin password in the template.

This password will be used both for SSH access to the instance as well as GAIA WebUI accesss to the instance.

Please try logging in to the webui with this password and update.

If that fails, please advise if you are able to connect to the instance by SSH.

HTH,

Aviv.

In order to set the admin password, connect to your instance 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe @avivs is 100% correct...its sort of same if you deployed iso image as a VM, it would ask you at some point to set up the password and thats the same password you would use to later access ssh and web UI.

Mark_Halsall
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@avivs and @the_rock are correct. 

The template in Azure gives you the option of using either a username/password combination or SSH key exchange. 

In the templates, they're the variables admin_username and admin_password.

https://github.com/CheckPointSW/CloudGuardIaaS/blob/master/terraform/azure/management-existing-vnet/...

-Mark

avivs
Employee
Employee

Right.

In case the instance was deployed using an SSH key without setting the admin password, 

You will be required to connect to clish using the SSH key and then run the command set user admin password to set the admin password so that you can connect to the WebUI.

0 Kudos
HariR1
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your responses.

I created the instance using admin username and password.  I tried that one too on web page to login but didn't work. and then tried default login details admin and admin.

Further, I am not able to connect through ssh as well.

Please help me if you have any thoughts about this. 

Thank you

Hari

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I really cant say what you might be doing wrong, but that does not sound right at all...100% of the time, you would get an option as @avivs and @Mark_Halsall indicated.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.