Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flachance
Advisor
Jump to solution

Deployment template validation failed

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy an R80.40 Management server from the Azure MarketPlace. When I get to the review+Create it keeps failing with this:

{"code":"InvalidTemplate","message":"Deployment template validation failed: 'The value for the template parameter 'managementGUIClientNetwork' at line '118' and column '35' is not provided. Please see https://aka.ms/resource-manager-parameter-files for usage details.'."}

Anyone else is getting this?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

The template has been published, and you can deploy a custom Management from Azure's marketplace.

Have a great week!

Ariel

View solution in original post

9 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Not a cloud expert by any means, but maybe check below (not sure if its applicable)...

Andy

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/templates/error-invalid-template

0 Kudos
flachance
Advisor

thanks. I'm no expert either. Which is why we deploy from Marketplace instead of using our own templates. Funny is we've used that twice before with no issues but now it won't work.

0 Kudos
arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @flachance 

We've released a new Management template that is pending Azure certification.

It should be available to the public in the next days.

Meanwhile, you can use CloudGuard GitHub ARM template for deploying custom Management.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,

Ariel

flachance
Advisor

Ariel, thanks for this info. I'll wait a few days and try again.

Do you know if there is a known issue with the current template? Also do you know if there is a way in MarketPlace to see if I'm getting the new template or the old one (a version number or date)?

0 Kudos
arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Besides MGMT custom deployment the template works as expected.

You can see the template version after you deploy a VM (the information is in /etc/cloud-version).

I will let you know after the template is published.

Meanwhile, you can follow Azure latest updates sk for all CloudGuard Network Security updates in Azure (including template changes).

Thanks,

Ariel

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I also heard through the grapevines that there is an issue apparently with these templates due to some Microsoft update, so nothing wrong customers did : )

Andy

0 Kudos
arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

The template has been published, and you can deploy a custom Management from Azure's marketplace.

Have a great week!

Ariel

flachance
Advisor

Hi Ariel, Thanks for your help with this.

Do you know why the management template creates a VM with a public IP?

Our org has a policy in place that prevents me to deploy a VM with a Public IP. 

"Resource 'atIcGwMgmt1-eth0' was disallowed by policy. (Code: RequestDisallowedByPolicy)","additionalInfo":[{"type":"PolicyViolation","info":{"policyDefinitionDisplayName":"Network interfaces should not have public IPs"

If we modify the template from GitHub to remove the external IP will it cause issues?

thanks

Francis

0 Kudos
arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @flachance 

Removing the public IP shouldn't cause issues.

Feel free to let me know if you need assistance with that.

Thanks,

Ariel

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.