cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wralondxc
Explorer

Azure VM ScaleSets and Autoprov_cfg

Greetings Fellow Community Members,

I have an existing VMSS deployed in one Azure region and it has been running for a while now.  Recently, the need has developed to deploy a 2nd VMSS in a separate Azure region; but same tenant and subscription.  I have created a new template and controller for this, each with separate values distinct from the existing VMSS/CME(cloud management extension) configuration.  When I go to run the 'autoprov_cfg init' command with my new template and controller parameters, I always get the following warning:

warning: configuration exists, previous settings will be deleted. First make sure that there are no Gateways that are auto-provisioned with this configuration.To do so, terminate all the Gateways in the cloud environment and make sure that the objects that represent them in the SmartConsole are removed. Initializing the configuration before its Gateways are removed may cause unexpected behavior. Are you sure you would like to initialize the configuration? (y/n)

What concerns me about this warning message is the bit with "First make sure that there are no Gateways that are auto-provisioned with this configuration."  Since my entire CME configuration contains the previous and new settings, I DO in fact have a gateway auto-provisioned with this configuration.  Will there be any negative impact to my existing VMSS gateway if I proceed? Am I over thinking this?

Thanks in advanced!

~berto

0 Kudos
4 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.