cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASHUTO_CHAUHAN
Participant

Why Autoprov-cfg is failing.

Hi Team,

I am trying to run the check point VMSS however I am getting below error on all version of Check point MGMT server. I started testing with R80.10 i faced the issue hence I tried R80.20 too however I am still facing same issue.  

[Expert@mgmtserver:0]# autoprov-cfg -h

failed to run /opt/CPsuite-R80.20/fw1/scripts/protect.sh: 1
/opt/CPsuite-R80.20/fw1/scripts/protect.sh: failed to find '__MDS_FIX__'
[Expert@mgmtserver:0]#

Also let me know about the """-tn "<Configuration-Template-Name>" """. I am not sure where would i get this template name? Is it some sort of template which i need to create or we have a predefined ARM template which we need to use. If it is a ARM then please let me know where should i find it.  

autoprov-cfg init Azure -mn "<Management-Name>" -tn "<Configuration-Template-Name>" -otp "<SIC-key>" -ver <Version> -po "<Policy-Name>" -cn "<Controller-Name>" -sb "<Azure-Subscription>" -at "<Active-Directory-Tenant-ID>" -aci "<Client-ID>" -acs "<Client-Secret>"
Example:

Regards,

Ashutosh Chauhan 

7 Replies
Philip_W
Contributor

Hi

See here: CloudGuard Network for Azure VMSS R80.10 and Higher Administration Guide (This link was edited by Check Point on 19 Dec 2021)

This guide has a section "Downloading and Installing the Latest Auto Provisioning Version" where you can find a link to download a new version of the autoprovision package (autoprovision-addon.tgz). If you install that one, it runs just fine.

Grtz

Philip

0 Kudos
ASHUTO_CHAUHAN
Participant

Yah I already tried that several times. It fails. They write don't change syntax and it does not work with that syntex. 

[Expert@servermanager:0]# chmod 777 autoprovision-addon.tgz
[Expert@servermanager:0]#
[Expert@servermanager:0]# tar -zxfC autoprovision-addon.tgz /
tar: C: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

tar: Child returned status 2
tar: autoprovision-addon.tgz: Not found in archive
tar: /: Not found in archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

This is what I get end of the day

ASHUTO_CHAUHAN
Participant

Well this syntax did not work for me. i tried below one and it started working. 

[Expert@servermanager:0]# tar C /etc/audit -zxf autoprovision-addon.tgz

0 Kudos
ASHUTO_CHAUHAN
Participant

However still I am confused about the Template where would I get that part.    

0 Kudos
Carsten_R
Contributor

Hi,

when you buy your VMSS in the marketplace, you have to define a name for the template. This name has to be the same name that you are using later in ... -tn "template_name" ...

You can call it "my_template" or "what_a_sunny_day", the value only needs to match on both sides.

FYI, you'll find the template name later in the Azure tags from this VMSS.

Carsten

0 Kudos
Arnfinn_Strand
Employee
Employee

Hi,

There is a small typo in the documentation. Do it without the dash and it will work, like this:

tar zxfC autoprovision-addon.tgz /

-mn "<Management-Name>" -tn "<Configuration-Template-Name>" -otp "<SIC-key>" must match what is used when you deploy(ed) the Check Point VMSS. This is documented in CloudGuard Network for Azure VMSS R80.10 and Higher Administration Guide(This link was edited by Check Point on 19 Dec 2021) - step 3 and 4.

Arnfinn

0 Kudos
Nir_Shamir
Employee Employee
Employee

also , we don't use that installation of CME anymore. use the one in this SK:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

this will have the latest version.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.