Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PredragPetrovic
Contributor
Jump to solution

Public IP Prefix support for Azure

Hi,

I'd like to see if anyone else is using or wanting to use Public IP prefixes in Azure as they solve a lot of problems that come with upgrades and changes in infrastructure. This is a highly needed functionality at least for me as this simplifies management and upgrade tasks. Its extremely weird to have three IP addresses in three different ranges (for the same cluster).

Cheers,

Predrag

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dmitry_Gorn
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Currently public IP prefixes are not supported by CloudGuard Network Security solutions in Azure.

This item is on our roadmap and will be implemented in phases starting from Q4 this year.

Once available, we will update the Azure Latest Updates SK with the relevant information.

Thanks,

Dmitry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Does Azure even support that?
It doesn't impact the functionality of clustering that I'm aware of, though I can see how it would be...odd compared to physical appliances.

0 Kudos
PredragPetrovic
Contributor

Azure supports public IP prefixes to be allocated (a /28 for example). This simplifies the management significantly. Its not odd, but in some scenarios its a nightmare to manage (especially when you have Management over Internet). When you have a lot of Azure locations this is not ideal to have it in this way.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/public-ip-address-prefix

I have actually modified the python scripts (azure_ha_test and azure_had) and arm template long time ago to support it but it was not "supported by check point". So we reverted back to Public IP address and now I have a cabbage to manage (IP addresses are all over the Azure address space).

Cheers,

P.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Gorn
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Currently public IP prefixes are not supported by CloudGuard Network Security solutions in Azure.

This item is on our roadmap and will be implemented in phases starting from Q4 this year.

Once available, we will update the Azure Latest Updates SK with the relevant information.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Marcel_M
Contributor

Hi, can you please implement this for the Cloud Guard HA Template, and VMSS too.

We really need this urgent.

BR
Marcel

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.