Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor
Jump to solution

NAT in Aws Checkpoint instance

Hello,

I want to host a web server which is located behind a aws chexkpoint cluster but i am unable to figure outbhow the traffic from internet will hit the firewall vpc..i have elastic ip in that account which i have mapped with the web server via firewall nat.. But when i try to access it from internet there is no traffic on firewall

Any advice on what i am missing here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @LostBoY,

1) Add a AWS route table to the cluster with the internal networks
2) Add default route to the internet on the gateway.
3) Create a NAT rule:
n1.JPG
4) Creat a access rule
r1.JPG5) Hide NAT for Web Server
h1.JPG
6) Check AWS security groups (NACL) for the Elastic IP. Traffic must be allowed from the internet to Check Point firewall (cluster).

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

View solution in original post

6 Replies
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @LostBoY,

1) Add a AWS route table to the cluster with the internal networks
2) Add default route to the internet on the gateway.
3) Create a NAT rule:
n1.JPG
4) Creat a access rule
r1.JPG5) Hide NAT for Web Server
h1.JPG
6) Check AWS security groups (NACL) for the Elastic IP. Traffic must be allowed from the internet to Check Point firewall (cluster).

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
LostBoY
Advisor
Thanks for the reply. a couple of queries here.
1) can you please explain a bit more on point 1
2)I want to host a few webservers each with a dedicated IP.. so instead of hide behind gateway ..can i use hide behind ip address ?
0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

What i cant figure out is .. if i have an EIP by which i want to access the web server via Firewall ..then how do i associate that EIP with Firewall. i mean the routing part ..how will the internet know that for this particular EIP it has to reach this Firewall

0 Kudos
Ryan_St__Germai
Advisor

If you still need help with this.

ASS now allows you to assign routing tables to the internet gateway in your VPC. So what you do is create a new route table with destination of your internal networks and make the firewalls external interface the hop for these. You then assign the route to the internet gateway. Assign elastic ips like you normally would to the internal hosts. When packets come into your VPC the internet gateway will know to route to the FW instead of directly to your internal host since you created that ingress route table.

0 Kudos
emacias-pronet
Participant

Hi, how do I have to add the Elastic IP?

I have multiple subnets attached via network interface to the checkpoint firewall. I got an Elastic IP associated to the network interface that connects the firewall and the subnet where my app server is.

In the checkpoint firewall I added the public IP as an Alias to the interface, and then I made all the steps you described. I also added an entry in the server SG for all traffic from de checkpoint SG (just for testing purposes) and did not worked.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

HI @HeikoAnkenbrand 

Where should EIP configured for Web server? on CheckPoint VM or another load balancer needs to be configured?

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.