Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

Migrating from Smart-1 management (R80.20) with R77.30 gateway to Azure Smart-1 (R80.20) for upgrade

Dear,

I am trying to migrate an old R77.30 gateway to a new Smart-1 Cloud but I have been informed this is not possible.

I was advised to migrate to an R80.x first and then perform the upgrade and then migrate to Smart-1 Cloud.

Currently the old gateway running R77.30 is managed by a Smart-1 running R80.20 so I am looking to setup an Azure Smart-1 R80.20 to handle the interim step but I do not easily find the details for the Azure setup of this interim Smart Centre.

Does anybody have any experience or advice on how to quickly get the Azure configuration in place so I can move the Gateway to this new management centre for upgrading?

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

Andrew

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You just need to upgrade the gateway to R80.x, which you can do following the relevant install/upgrade guide.
You can leave your existing Smart-1 alone.
What makes you think it needs to be in Azure first?

0 Kudos
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

Dear,

I evidently didn't make myself clear.

I need to move the management of the R77 gateway to my company in a brand new Security Management Server which I plan to load into an Azure VM.

Then after it is under our management we will upgrade it.

Then after upgrading the target will be to migrate it to a Smart-1 Cloud as this is the future proof solution.

Best regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If the ultimate target is Smart-1 Cloud, you are basically going to end doing the work twice.
Seems to me you should do it only once.

In any case, if you really want to do this twice, a migrate export from Smart-1 and migrate import to the Azure VM installed as management should suffice.
Most likely you will want to use R80.30 or R80.40 in Azure as I’m not sure R80.20 is available for new installs anymore.
Refer to the install/upgrade guide for exact steps.
Either way, you will have to adjust the configuration in SmartConsole to account for the new management, relicense, reset SIC on the gateway, and push policy from the new management.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.