Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amit_Chaubey
Contributor

Issue while accessing Checkpoint mgmt R80.10(AWS) from Smart console.

Hi, 

I have deployed Checkpoint Firewall R80.10 with help of Terraform on AWS. I am facing issue while accessing it from the smart console. I have followed the standard process, but getting error "operation time out". I have followed the suggested method by CP but no luck. 

Has anyone faced this issue? Or any suggestion to fix this issue would be highly appreciated.  

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I understand you're trying to deploy a gateway with in AWS with Terraform.

That means the discussion should probably go in CloudGuard (Formerly vSEC)‌.

Beyond that, I don't understand what it is you're trying to do.

• "I am facing issue while accessing it from the smart console." -- Can you please explain in more detail exactly what you are trying to do?
  • "I have followed the standard process, but getting error "operation time out"." -- Can you please detail the steps you followed, what the expected results were, and what you got instead? Screenshots would probably be very helpful here.
  • "I have followed the suggested method by CP but no luck. " -- Can you please detail those suggested methods? If it came from a SecureKnowledge article or similar, please provide a reference to it. 

Amit_Chaubey
Contributor

Hi Dameon, 

Thank you for correcting the discussion group.

About your queries,

• "I am facing issue while accessing it from the smart console." -- Can you please explain in more detail exactly what you are trying to do?

=>  I am trying to access the CP mgmt server R80.10 from the smart console which is deployed on AWS.  

• "I have followed the standard process, but getting error "operation time out"." -- Can you please detail the steps you followed, what the expected results were, and what you got instead? Screenshots would probably be very helpful here. 

=> I have followed SmartConsole R80.10 Help to troubleshoot but this didn't work.  I am getting below error,

I also tried with redeployment and even changed the EC2 instance type but getting the operation time error. Currently, I am using m4.xlarge instance type.  

• "I have followed the suggested method by CP but no luck. " -- Can you please detail those suggested methods? If it came from a SecureKnowledge article or similar, please provide a reference to it. 

=> I meant, I allowed the access from GUI client in mgmt server, Firewall which are coming in between are open tried with restarting with all services but same error.

Not Sure what to check next.   

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect the issue is one of basic connectivity.

What does the Security Group that the management instance is associated with look like?

Can you SSH to the management server? If not, you need to resolve that first.

And while you're at it, make TCP 443, 18190, and 19009 accessible as well.

Use tcpdump on the management station to confirm packets are being received on the above ports. 

Amit_Chaubey
Contributor

Hi,

The issue has been fixed after allowing port 18190 in Security group, I missed this port and the doc I was referring it was talking about only one port 19009 only(not about port 18190).

Thank you so much, Sir !   Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Excellent Smiley Happy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.