cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chandhrasekar_S
Collaborator

Is Anyone using vSEC (CloudGuard) for Azure in production

Hi,

Is there anyone deployed vSEC for Azure in production. The reason I am asking is I have deployed vSEC (CloudGuard) in Azure (R80.10) and I am having trouble getting basic features like RADIUS, Configuration backup for management server and gateways using backup/restore feature or setting up a second internal load balancers for user check working. 

Just wanted to know from other users as well on their experiences on vSEC in Azure

Thanks,

Chandru

6 Replies
John_Parnell
Participant

I have several gateways working in Azure. I utilize RADIUS, backups, and load balancers (both Azure load balancers and Netscalers) and I am not experiencing any problems. Do you have a specific question? 

0 Kudos
Chandhrasekar_S
Collaborator

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know, how you are backing up the Secure Management Server and the vSEC gateways. I heard backup/restore option in GAIA doesn't work in Azure and also Azure VM backup is not supported.

Please let me know, how you are backing up

Chandru

0 Kudos
Calvin_Nguyen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Would like to know everyone's experiences as well.

0 Kudos
Chandhrasekar_S
Collaborator

The RADIUS issue is now resolved for vSEC (cloudguard). Support had to work with developers and you need to modify the sshd file to get it work without issues

Still no good out of the box, backup solution for management server   Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Martin_Valenta
Advisor

In case of gateway, you should be able to perform backup either from Gateway or configuring backups frorm SmartConsole. Anyhow if you have issues with VM in cloud you usually redeploy VM again and apply "clish" config again.

Putting management server on vm in cloud i don't consider as a good idea, but probably you don't have ExpressRoute between your company and Azure.

0 Kudos
Chandhrasekar_S
Collaborator

We do have ExpressRoute connectivity to Azure

I have several Azure regions and placing the management center in Azure makes more sense, since it can go over via Azure back bone and gets better bandwidth and latency.

Yes we are following the same method you mentioned for Azure gateways. Just re-deploy the gateways and push the security policies and 'clish' configs. 

The problem I am facing is good backup solution for Smart Management server. hopefully R&D finds a solution soon. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.