cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Saun
Contributor
Jump to solution

Deploying Scale Set in Azure using autoprov_cfg

I am trying to add a 2nd scale set to our standalone R80.30 management station using autoprov_cfg. The first scale set was added by someone else.

My understanding is that I add the template first and then add the controller.

The commands that I have are:

For the template:

autoprov_cfg add template -tn <name> -otp <SIC> -ver <VER> -po <POLICY>

for -tn <name> - is that something I choose?

I assume I have to have a policy created first in Smartconsole.

For the controller:

autoprov_cfg add controller Azure -cn <NAME> -sb <SUBSCRIPTION> -at <TENANT> -aci <CLIENT-ID> -acs <CLIENT-SECRET> -ct <TN NAME FROM TEMPLATE>

for -cn <name> - is that something I choose?

for -ct <TN NAME FROM TEMPLATE> - is this the template name from -tn <name>?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ChristianCastil
Employee
Employee

You're right, the flag "-tn" with add command is how you want to name it, so it can be whatever.

Now if the deployment will be done on the same subscription and you already have a controller; the controller purpose is to give the script a way to read the assets and look for tags; you can avoid it, if the subscription is new you need to add the new controller.

The flag "-ct" is to ensure that this controller will only read the GW with that specific tag, in case you use only 1 Controller no need it, and yes the value is the name of your templates.

View solution in original post

Martin_Valenta
Advisor
delete and re-add controller with template

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChristianCastil
Employee
Employee

You're right, the flag "-tn" with add command is how you want to name it, so it can be whatever.

Now if the deployment will be done on the same subscription and you already have a controller; the controller purpose is to give the script a way to read the assets and look for tags; you can avoid it, if the subscription is new you need to add the new controller.

The flag "-ct" is to ensure that this controller will only read the GW with that specific tag, in case you use only 1 Controller no need it, and yes the value is the name of your templates.

J_Saun
Contributor

Can I rename a controller after it has been established and is associated with a template? Or do I need to delete both the controller and template and re-add.

0 Kudos
Martin_Valenta
Advisor
delete and re-add controller with template

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.