cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carsten_Pfitzer
Explorer

Azure scale set gateway settings

Hello CheckMates,

I recently deployed a R80.10 Scale Set in Azure, there were and still are some hiccups, but in general it works.

But now I face the problem, that I have to change settings of the gateways. While this is no problem for the "always there" gateways, it is a problem for those which get created and deleted automatically due to load.

For instance, I would like to adapt identity awareness settings, such as identity sharing with other gateways (getting and sending) or settings for the captive portal (text, company logo etc.)

I see only two ways here: Adapting the template itself, so that all gateways are automatically created to my liking, or changing the template in a way, that after creation the settings get changes via the RESTful API.

Which would be the preferable way and is there a guide for adapting the template? Unfortunately I do not know where to start.

Thanks and have a great weekend,

Carsten

1 Reply
Javier_Hijas
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Carsten,

this is a common request when default settings are not enough in an VMSS cluster. Customizing requires you to code a little bit and professional services are usually recommended unless you feel comfortable with the API and enjoy developing.

Find here the documentation for a hidden parameter: custom-script which will customize your gateway at registration time. I also attached an script example to be used as a reference, but again if you can engage PS for this you will save time 😉

Regards

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.