Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure CloudGuard laaS Cluster and BGP question!

Hi Check Point guys,

I have an R80.30 Azure Cluster installation. So far everything works 🙂

Now the question appeared whether the firewall cluster can be connected via BGP (not via VPN) using VeloCloud. Because there is always a frontend  or backend load balancer for a cluster instance, I am not sure how to implement this. In the manuals and in the knowledge base I didn't find anything about this topic.

Now my question:

- Is BGP supported (without VPN) on a CloudGuard laaS cluster?
- Where can I find more information for Azure cluster and BGP via VeloCloud integration?
- Do you have an example integration paper.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Admin
Admin

I guess I'm not clear what benefit BGP would bring in this case if there's no VPN involved.
0 Kudos

VeloCloud is to be connected via two gateways in two zones to connect the azure with the customer network. If one check point gateway fails, the other one shall be used. Routing shall be ensured by BGP.

0 Kudos

Hi @PhoneBoy,

do you have any idea who from Check Point can help in this case?

Regards

Heiko

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

I did a little bit of looking around internally and it seems someone has done exactly this.
I've found a doc for the Check Point side of this, at least, which I'll see if we can share.

We are looking to do the same thing integrating VeloCloud in Azure with a Checkpoint. 

Is it possible for us to also see the documentation for this? 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Explorer

Hi,

I'm doing something similar with other vendors as well. Its quite fun setup, maybe we can setup a knowledge exchange on this topic. It's still in PoC but its working quite stable.

0 Kudos