cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator

AWS PAY as u GO licensing issue after migration

Hi -

We are upgrading our R77.30 MGMT server to R80.20 on AWS.

we created a new instance with diffrent IP address in same subnet in same VPC. we are using PAY as u Go subscription.

we export the migration export from R77.30  and import in R80.20 MGMT.

Migration import is done successfully, but we are having issue with license. we install the evaluation license for temprory basis. and we are able to login in MGMT server.

can anyone explain how to get new license for R80.20 MGMT in Pay as u Go subscription?

Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos
8 Replies
audio
Explorer

Coincidentally, i've been performing the same migration today and am having the exact same problem.

The export/import appears to have worked, but i can't connect to the new Instance as i get a "License has expired" error. The support docs state that you need to use the same IP address on the new instance, however this isn't possible in AWS unless we terminate the old instance before attempting to import on the new instance, which is less than ideal
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

When performing the export, use --exclude-licenses flag. Re-do the migration with the result flag and let me know if this helped

0 Kudos
audio
Explorer

the -exclude-licenses flag doesn't appear to be recognised in my case.  I get an "ERR: Failed to parse arguments"

Just to confirm, my export command looks like this: 

yes | nohup ./migrate -export -x -n -exclude-licenses backup_file

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

answered below. should be "--", not just "-"

0 Kudos
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator

Thanks for your help,  could you also explain the steps, how we can exclude the license flag. 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Abhishek_Kumar1 when doing original export, add the mentioned flag to the command.

It will look something like: <your path>/migrate export --exclude-licenses <your filename>

0 Kudos
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator

Thanks a ton for your help and suppor.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Abhishek_Kumar1 We are here to help. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.