cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryroy1
Participant

Hide Nat to URL

Hello Checkmates!

Is it possible to create a Hide NAT to a URL instead of an IP address? The URL resolves to multiple IP's and they change with additional IP's added frequently.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

No, you can't NAT to a URL.
Can you explain what you're trying to achieve and why in more detail?
0 Kudos
jerryroy1
Participant

Actually with querying the customer for more details, they want to route traffic out a particular interface when access to a certain domain is requested. The domain resolves to multiple IP's and they want to avoid defining all IP's and was hoping for any type of dynamic object to accomplish this?
0 Kudos
hllovet2
Explorer

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you give us a screenshot of what you are trying to do?

Andy

0 Kudos
hllovet2
Explorer

0 Kudos
hllovet2
Explorer

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Message me privately, lets do remote session, I cant sadly open either screenshot, not sure why.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, so just a quick update on this...I did webex with Hector and after fiddling with this in my lab, I see that dynamic object can be used in nat rule, so he will try that. I really have no clue if that will indeed work or not, but its the closest thing I found for domain object, since thats not accepted. Hector, keeps us posted.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Dynamic Objects can be used in NAT rules.
If you're on R81, I believe you can use FDQN objects.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats PARTIALLY true, test it and you will see. Fact is, you can ONLY use it for hide not, not static nat, it throws an error, I just tested in R81 lab.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events