cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Vandegaer
Contributor

scp with cprid_util

Hi all,

I'm looking for an easy way to get the Gaia config from multiple gateways and store in one place. My ideas was to try this with cpdir_util. I tried:

`$CPDIR/bin/cprid_util -server $IP -timeout 5 -verbose rexec -rcmd /bin/clish -s -c 'save configuration $GW'`
Where GW is a variable, this just saved the config with the name $GW in /

Not getting this to work I just used a fixed name

`$CPDIR/bin/cprid_util -server $IP -timeout 5 -verbose rexec -rcmd /bin/clish -s -c 'save configuration test_steve'`
This saves the file in /

So next I wanted to copy it to the management server

`$CPDIR/bin/cprid_util -server $IP -timeout 5 -verbose rexec -rcmd bash -c "scp /test_steve adminNXO@MGMT_IP:/home/admin/CP_migration/@GW"`

Trying to rename it during the scp. This doesn't work and even when just trying a fixed name the copy isn't done.

Anyone has any way to do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

The error you are making here is that the $GW variable is inside the brackets, that will just be moved over as text as within Clish you cannot use a normal variable this will not work at all.

The second time you will be able to use a variable but is that a variable available locally on the gateway or is it only on the management server that you are running cprid_util from? For the latter, you should try to move the variable outside the brackets so it will be converted first.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Steve_Vandegaer
Contributor

Ok but even this command doesn't do the copy

`$CPDIR/bin/cprid_util -server $IP -timeout 5 -verbose rexec -rcmd bash -c "scp /test_steve adminNXO@MGMT_IP:/home/adminNXO/CP_migration/"`

Here I would expect to see the file test_steve in the folder on the mgmt

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion
Champion

Try this:

for i in `grep 'sic_name\|ipaddr' $FWDIR/conf/objects.C|grep -A1 sic_name|grep 'ipaddr '|tr -d ':ipadr ()\t'`; do cprid_util -server $i -verbose rexec -rcmd /bin/clish -c "show configuration"; done > gaia_backup_all_$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M)

Steve_Vandegaer
Contributor

Any way to replace gaia_backup_all with the hostname of the gw it takes a backup from?

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion
Champion

Sure, just split gaia_backup_all into single confguration files like this:

csplit -z gaia_backup_all /\#\ Configuration/ '{*}'; for i in xx*; do mv $i $(head -1 $i|awk 'NF>1{print $NF}'); done
Steve_Vandegaer
Contributor

Thanks a lot, this saves me a lot of work.

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion
Champion

Hi @Steve_Vandegaer,

use this script:

Easy Backup Tool - (migrate export + all GAIA configs)

This tool creates a backup of all GAIA gateway configurations with one CLI command "ebackup" and more other functions!

Only one CLI command "ebackup"
- Backup of all Gaia gateway configurations (Check Point appliances, Open Server, SMB appliances 11xx, 14xx)
- Migrate export on SMS
- Migrate-server on MDS
- Backup all files to one TGZ file
- FTP upload support backup file
- CP upload support for backup file via cprid_util

or

Easy execute CLI commands on all gateways simultaneously

Simon_Macpherso
Collaborator

Does this script select all gateways, including those that are members of a cluster? 

0 Kudos