Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcyn
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Check Point API logging requests from client

Hi,

As we all know API is wonderful feature but I was wondering about one thing ...

Let's assume that we have 10 clients that are using API, and with 9 of them we have no issues but with 1 for some reason every request that he sends gives him errors. It's because he is doing something wrong (missing parameter, wrong parameter, etc.) - sure, he can read error response and resolve the issue... but we will have no information regarding this "wrong" request.

And that's why I was wondering if there is a way to log every request that client sends via API ?
So that we can see on Check Point side what this request looked like (for example if there was missing parameter, wrong parameter, etc.) so that on our side we could tell what was wrong with this request ?
It's possible that this client will not understand what he's doing wrong and he will ask us for help. With such log we can tell him what's wrong from his side.

As far as I see there is no such thing as "api.elg" or something similar.... or maybe I'm wrong ?

What do you think ?

--
Best
Marcin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

api.elg is under $FWDIR/log/ and as you suggested logs all API related requests

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

api.elg is under $FWDIR/log/ and as you suggested logs all API related requests

marcyn
Collaborator
Collaborator

Hi Tal_Paz-Fridman,

Hmm now I don't know what to write... because it is exactly what I asked for.
I could swear that last time I checked for such log file I didn't see it... I think that it's time for stronger glasses !

So, sorry for silly question ... let's pretend that there was no question 🙂

Thanks

--
Best
Marcin

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

😀

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events