cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paolo_Francese
Contributor

populate Access Role

Hi,

I'm more than a novice with CP API and I'm looking for some hints on how to populate an access role taking the list of users from a file.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Paolo_Francese
Contributor

Hi,

I managed to write the script, but I've not been able to use the base-dn parameter in set access-role

When in the script I use this line:
$CPDIR/bin/mgmt_cli set access-role name AR_name users.add.source MY-DOM.IT users.add.selection ad_user users.add.base-dn "OU=Utenti-Prova,DC=my-dom,DC=it" -s credentials_file.txt

I got this error:
message: "Mandatory query parameter 'Directory ID' was not supplied."

I thought that base-dn was the starting point in active directory where to begin the search of what specified in users.add.selection, but now I think I'm wrong

What's base-dn?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Omer_Kleinstern can you provide an example of adding a user?
It's pretty clear from the docs you can add users to an access role, and it does like some progress was made.

0 Kudos
Paolo_Francese
Contributor

I confirm that I can populate the access role when I do not specify base-dn.

This command works for me:
$CPDIR/bin/mgmt_cli set access-role name AR_name users.add.source MY-DOM.IT users.add.selection ad_user -s credentials_file.txt

I tried to use base-dn hoping to accelerate the search in active directory, that's quite big.

0 Kudos
chkp-royl
Employee
Employee

Hi @Paolo_Francese ,

The command syntax you used is correct and the issue is related to CPM server and not to API.

Please open ticket to TAC for further assistance.

Thanks,

Roy

0 Kudos
Paolo_Francese
Contributor

Thanks Roy, now we are using R81EA, in the next few weeks we'll move to GA and if this bug is still there I'll open a TAC.

bye

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events