cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_Lampo
Contributor
Jump to solution

mgmt_cli - delete member from group ?

at first glance, the R80 API documentatoin does not explain how to delete  a member from a group.  Anybody an idea ?

With dbedit, deleting an object, used in a group, implicitly removed the object from that group.

Trying to delete such an object, in R80.10, results in a warning I don't seem to be able to override.

So :

is there a way - via CLI - to remove a group member ?

or is there a way to delete an object with some "force" attribute in case it is used as member in some group ?

Thanks !

Marc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

You can use where-used and delete all references  .

I do not think that 'force' will be a good idea, you can create a scenario that you break the policy .

For groups, you can use 'remove'

groupsObject vCollection of group identifiers.
or
Object v
Parameter nameValueDescription
removestringRemoves from collection of values
or
List: string
or
string
or

View solution in original post

10 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe the correct approach is to use the "set group" command specifying all members of the group BUT the one you want to delete.

Having a proper "delete from group" API call seems like a good suggestion for future releases.

0 Kudos
Marc_Lampo
Contributor

I'll give it a try - but the first script I'm moving from R77.30 to R80 put 312 members in a group.  If, on the next run, I have to delete one by entering the 311 that should remain ...

0 Kudos
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

try this post Smiley Happy

Adding members to a group 

Eric provided example for 'batch' option , with one CSV file and a few moments you be able to complete the task

set group --batch <csvfilename> --format json --ignore-errors true

Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

You can use where-used and delete all references  .

I do not think that 'force' will be a good idea, you can create a scenario that you break the policy .

For groups, you can use 'remove'

groupsObject vCollection of group identifiers.
or
Object v
Parameter nameValueDescription
removestringRemoves from collection of values
or
or
string
or
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Nice one... I didn't catch that the first time.

Marc_Lampo
Contributor

Thanks for your help !

Interestingly enough the on-line API documentation does not mention "remove" as possibility ...

And I already found that adding "ignore-warnings true" to the "mgmt_cli delete network ..." does the trick.

Juan_Concepcion
Advisor

To remove members from a group (not documented anywhere I could find - trial and error!!!) :

File format:

name,members.remove

group_name,host1

group_name,host2

group_name,host3

group_name,host4

group_name,host5

group_name,host5

Format to run the batch file:

mgmt_cli -r true set group name group_name -b batch_file_name.txt

Vince_Marinov
Contributor

Hello,

I was looking into that conversation and I would like to ask if there was any solution provided in the new releases?

I am trying to figure out if there is a specific API call that can remove an object from a group. 

Thanks,

Vince

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The above solution translates to the following API call: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/index.html#cli/set-group~v1.7

0 Kudos
Juan_Concepcion
Advisor
updating with single run and how to get it into batch format:

mgmt_cli -r true set group name <group_name> members.remove <object_name_to_be_removed>

>Batch remove members from group:

Header in txt file:

group_name, members.remove

mygroup, mymember1
mygroup, mymember2
mygroup, mymember3

CLI command to run:  mgmt_cli -r true set group name group_name -b batch_file_name.txt

if you only do the set it will overwrite everything in group (i've done this before had to put back 350 objects into group)

--Juan

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events