cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ld3d
Participant

Users export / import command on MDS

Hello mates,

I apologize in advance if this question that I am going to ask is already answered (I did some reading )....but still I have to put it here to have an exact guide to my "problem".

Namely, as I am a newbie in using API on CP (as I worked with different brands before), therefore I would describe the situation and ask for help/guidelines.

So, I have MDS implemented. There I am having up to 10 different domains for various things.

On one domain we are having our dedicated VPN FW Cluster. On that domain/mgmt, we have approx 3000 remote users, so, VPN users.

I have successfully exported all of my users to csv file.

Now I have to IMPORT those into totally different mgmt, which is also, part of my MDS.

Which exactly command I have to run on MDS to have those imported?

I am ready to use CLI or SmartConsole API, whatever...I just need exactly what to run, if that import would be possible, and of course, how the csv file must be structured to batch that ?

MDS version R80.30, CMS R80.20

Many thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's starts with: What precise tools/commands did you use to export the information?
There isn't official API/CLI commands for locally defined VPN users, but it doesn't mean it's impossible.
0 Kudos
ld3d
Participant

Yeah, I’ve exported it from Object explorer, in Smart Console....

What step should I do now? 

Newbe....

Thanks one more time!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, that's not a very useful format for actually recreating the important parts of a user (like their passwords, associated groups, etc).
And, as I said, there aren't any official APIs for users.
This might be one of those cases where using dbedit is easier, at least to get the necessary information.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Management-Topics/r80-10-VPN-user-account-export/td-p/16...
You could probably use dbedit to create the users in the new management as well, but the complete syntax for that is not well documented.
There are some other articles in the community about creating users using the API, which, given we're talking about generic-object APIs, won't be any easier.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events