Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinceneil666
Advisor

Remote access view in GUI, SmartConsole

Hi guys,

-> fw tab -t userc_users -s

Is it possible to have this punched in as an extension in SmartConsole ? - we do operate customers with different set of skill level, and lic level on their management. 

Anyone done anything like this ? 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Go to the logs & monitor page and select or create a new tab.
In the bottom left you see external Apps, Tunnel& User Monitoring which starts the good old SmartVie Monitor. In there select the gateway and you see in the bottomhalf of the screen the IP-Sec counters, among it the number of users connected through IP-Sec VPN.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

The problem is the big difference between SmartView Monitor and CLI I always encounter.

SmartView Monitor:

image.png

CLI

image.png

image.png

Where is SmartView Monitor getting it's values for Remote Users from?

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I do not have this issue, at least not with the R77.30 gateway I just checked, I just after that checked a R80.10 gateway as well and did see a difference ther, the gateway said 43 peak and the SV Monitor showed 52...

Hmmmm do not know what to make of it.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Nik_Bloemers
Advisor

Same here, it doesn't even come close. I have no idea where the value in Monitor comes from.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

So we can conclude that when the GW is still running R77.30 it matches the value on the GW but as soon as you run anything R80 the match is gone?
So it is again like so many other small things broken since the migration to R80.x
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Tobias_Moritz
Advisor

The same wrong number visible in SmartConsole/SmartViewMonitor/GaiaDashboard is also readable over SNMP.

See thread https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion-and-Samples/Query-RAS-user-count-using-API/m-... for reference.

Looks like we all have common problems these days with the increased usage of remote working.

0 Kudos
vinceneil666
Advisor

So back to my original question 🙂 - anything fancy we could do with extensions ? 

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would encourage TAC cases for this issue so we can get to the bottom of it.
0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

i have a doubt, the remote user tunnels that we see, is that the total number of connections between the gateway and all users combined?or something else?
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Very likely as this is something you can fetch over the API, and thus serve up as an extension.
Developer guide for SmartConsole Extensions: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SmartConsole/Extensions/index.html
However, it may be easier to just code up a simple script that you can save and run from SmartConsole.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events