cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fredrik_Holmber
Participant

R80 automation - VSX VS configuration using run-script

Hi,

Ref. an earlier discussion here on Check Mates R80 automation - VS logging settings through CLI/API , thanks Dameon Welch Abernathy and Valeri Loukine for your insights.

Took the time to migrate the code handling VSX VS creation over from SSH/CLI scraping to REST, using the `run-script` method[1]. It works great, except for custom parameters we discussed earlier.

Speaking of `run-script` - we are also automating BGP configuration and other things on the VSX VS nodes.

I would like to migrate that code over to using REST as well, but it looks like it's not possible to specify a VSX cluster node as the `run-script` target , only domain management servers.

I'm probably missing something. Is SSH/CLI scraping still the best approach for automating VSX VS configuration?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Fredrik Holmberg

[1]Check Point - Management API reference 

3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

you are welcome

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The actual API call is targeted at the management, but run-script has an argument that allows you to specify which gateways the script is run against. 

See: Check Point - Management API reference: run-script 

I'm not sure in the case of a cluster if you specify the cluster or you must specify the individual nodes in that cluster.

Going to move this to Developers (Code Hub)

0 Kudos
Fredrik_Holmber
Participant

Thanks Dameon Welch Abernathy‌ , you pointed me in the right direction!

For `run-script` to work, first you need to login to the VSX cluster's domain, then set the target parameter in `run-script` to point to that VSX cluster domain's management server... Learning by doing 🙂

Have a great weekend!

- Fredrik

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events