cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielS
Employee
Employee

R80 API Command Line tool

What is the maximum size/lines limitations of files that can be opened? So far my testing seems to be be <61kB and/or less than 500 lines.

Also when seeing the output in the logs occasionally I see "The command is too long cannot execute, but what appears to be the related group to this command, is actually created. Is this output a warning that can be ignored?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Each line in the CSV file gets turned into an API command.

Doing more than 500 of these at once without a commit option can be...problematic in some cases.

I'm guessing this is where the 500 line limit comes from. 

Not sure about the API question, moving this to https://community.checkpoint.com/community/developers?sr=search&searchId=0b451c2a-67aa-44a1-b90d-b3f...

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

May I ask what's in that API commands file that you opened with SmartConsole and has over 500 lines.. maybe we're missing something. Can you share?

0 Kudos
DanielS
Employee
Employee

I'm rebuilding a customer's rule base that had over 7000 objects, I didn't have cli access to the mdsm, so I was using the smart console CLI section.

Sent securely from my Android

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Hi,

Each raw command (line of text) is limitied to 2048 characters.

File content size is limited to 65536 characters.

Exceeding these values will abort execution.

A little tip: normally, the commands are executed sequentially. You can execute them paralelly by appending '&' character at the beggining.

Robert.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events