Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikupoi_123
Participant

Mgmt_cli show group name "<group_name>" command is not running in mds

When I tried to run "mgmt_cli show group name "<group_name>" it ask for username and password after giving my username 

and password it show "Couldn't connect to server" ,if you need to use a proxy server add the '--proxy' parameters .

I just want to see the members (approx. 350 members) in the group and want to export in excel or copy it in notepad .

Please suggest on priority .

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Your mgmt_cli command is not specifying a domain to connect to (needed for use on an MDS).
Also, if you don't want to enter credentials, you can instead use -r true in the CLI command.

The API also naturally limits the number of items returned in a call, mostly for performance reasons.
So you may have to make iterative calls over the API to get all results.

Which means it might be easier to use something like: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion-and-Samples/CLI-API-Example-for-exporting-gro...
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

As phoneboy says you need to specify the domain to do so you need to add '-d <domainname>' to the command. Do keep in mind this is the name of the Domain, not of the domain management server!
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
vikupoi_123
Participant

Hi Phoneboy/Marten,

MDS version is R80.20 and if I have a domain name "A" and want to export all 350 members of address group " AB" . Please suggest some short of commands or scripts to do so …. Thanks for your quick earlier reply ...

0 Kudos
vikupoi_123
Participant

Hi Phoneboy/Marten,
Now I have used the command MDS # mgmt_cli show group name -d <domainname > "group name" ...Asked for username and password . Still showing couldnot connect to server ,if you need to use proxy server add the '--proxy' parameter ...Will I need to use admin userid and password ?
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Using your samples above this would be the command # mgmt_cli -r true -d A show group name AB
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
vikupoi_123
Participant

Hi Maarten,
I have tried that but getting below msg :
[Expert@mds:0]# mgmt_cli -r true -d A show group name "AB "
Error: Failed to login to the management server
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Again: Do keep in mind this is the name of the Domain, not of the domain management server! The latter is the name that you see in mdsstat, the first is what you see in Smartconsole in the MDS overview in the left column.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events