cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
Shivajith_S
Nickel

Import all objects at the same

Hi Any one knows that how to import all objects at the same time to R 80.1 management server ? I am aware about mgmt_cli tool , but still have some confusion on this , any experts can explain on this ?#

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Re: Import all objects at the same

Could you please try to elaborate your request?

Admin
Admin

There are plenty examples of importing objects using mgmt_cli as well as various scripts that can assist you.

If you can elaborate on exactly what you're trying to do, perhaps we can provide a relevant pointer.

Highlighted
Shivajith_S
Nickel

Hi all ,

I found that how to import the object via Smart console Mgmt_cli, with .txt file. But have some doubts in while importing the objects via SSH to Management Appliance , once login with user password , I am not able to import bulk object same time every time its asking credentials after importing one object .

0 Kudos
Employee++
Employee++

during login command, redirect the login credentials to a file -

login user password > id.txt

and then use -s switch for following command specifying id.txt as a parameter.

robert.

0 Kudos
Shivajith_S
Nickel

And one thing I need to know how should I export only objects from R80.1 with their receptive IP address , I exported policy from smart dash broad in .CSV file there I can see objects only no ip addresses , My requirement is I need to  export objects with its ip address ,is there any possible ways available to do it ?

Kindly let know about the possibilities 

0 Kudos
Employee++
Employee++

Robert, have you had any luck using this? Seems like it has something to do with SSL certificates? I'm trying to run it from another server.

When I try to run it I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./export_hosts.py", line 15, in <module>
get_objects("hosts", fields)
File "/home/user/ExportObjects/get_objects.py", line 136, in get_objects
fields=fields)
File "/home/user/ExportObjects/get_objects.py", line 66, in process_args_and_login
auto_accept=unsafe_auto_accept)) or client.check_fingerprint():
File "/home/user/ExportObjects/cp_mgmt_api_python_sdk/lib/mgmt_api.py", line 535, in check_fingerprint
server_fingerprint = self.get_server_fingerprint()
File "/home/user/ExportObjects/cp_mgmt_api_python_sdk/lib/mgmt_api.py", line 427, in get_server_fingerprint
context = ssl.create_default_context()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_default_context'