Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phlrnnr
Advisor
Jump to solution

How do you determine if a session is 'disconnected' with REST API?

In the REST API, there is a function called show-session that gives the details for a specific session uid.  What parameter (or what logic is used) to determine if the session is 'disconnected' as seen in SmartConsole:

snippet from

I originally thought it would be 'connection-mode', however, when I query the 'Disconnected' sessions, the connection-mode is 'read write'.

The api documentation says the only valid values for 'connection-mode' are: read write, read only, read write with global lock, read write with global lock

Please help me figure out which parameter or which logic is used to determine the session being in 'Disconnected' state.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Decker
Advisor

If "state" is "open" and "in-work" is "False", then the session is disconnected.

Robert.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Perhaps expired-session is equal to true?

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

this should be correct.

0 Kudos
phlrnnr
Advisor

Dameon Welch Abernathy‌, Robert Decker, for context, the problem I am trying to solve is detailed out here...

In my attempt last week to solve this, I tried expired-session as i thought that might be it, so I wrote code that checks first if session-expired is 'False'.  If 'False', I then check if either string 'write' or 'lock' exists in 'connection-mode'.

However, I've found one instance where expired-session is set to 'False', yet the session still shows as disconnected in SmartConsole.  It seems to have been logged out for a couple months.  Is this a bug?

Here is the json for the session object in question.  It corresponds to the top line in the picture from SmartConsole in the main post above.  I've removed the content of some fields and replaced them with <removed>.

{
u 'domain': {
    u 'domain-type': u 'domain',
    u 'uid': u '<removed>',
    u 'name': u 'SMC User'
},
u 'uid': u '<removed>',
u 'color': u 'black',
u 'in-work': False,
u 'locks': 0,
u 'ip-address': u '<removed>',
u 'read-only': False,
u 'comments': u '',
u 'last-logout-time': {
    u 'posix': 1529415069219,
    u 'iso-8601': u '2018-06-19T09:31-0400'
},
u 'application': u 'SmartConsole',
u 'state': u 'open',
u 'session-timeout': 600,
u 'type': u 'session',
u 'email': u '',
u 'description': u '',
u 'tags': [],
u 'connection-mode': u 'read write',
u 'icon': u 'Objects/worksession',
u 'user-name': u '<removed>',
u 'last-login-time': {
    u 'posix': 1529415066670,
},
u 'expired-session': False,
u 'meta-info': {
  u 'creation-time': {
    u 'posix': 1529415066702,
},
u 'validation-state': u 'ok',
u 'creator': u '<removed>',
u 'lock': u 'unlocked',
u 'last-modifier': u '<removed>',
u 'last-modify-time': {
    u 'posix': 1529415069221,
}
},
u 'phone-number': u '',
u 'changes': 0
}

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Phillip,

The information displayed in SmartConsole Sessions view in "Connection Mode" column is dynamic and is calculated on server side.

The information returned by API command is static from a specific database object.

I'll ask the server team guys which fields from API reply can provide the information you are looking for.

Robert.

0 Kudos
phlrnnr
Advisor

Thanks!  All I'm really trying to do is, in an automated way, determine if it is safe to do a migrate export.  I appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

If "state" is "open" and "in-work" is "False", then the session is disconnected.

Robert.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events