Did you mean: 
Create a Post
Highlighted
Brambo
Ivory

Delete and set multiple routes in VSX mode

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

Until now all my questions have been answered by the various Checkmate Posts.

This week I will be migrating a VSX R80.20 system from dedicated  physical interfaces, as internal and external to a combined internal bond, and a combined external bond interface for all the virtual systems to share. In order to do this, I have to delete the VLAN interfaces from the current physical interfaces. I have created a little script to do this. No problems there, but I also have to delete the static routes before I can delete the VLAN from the interface. 

The routes are visible in the routedx.conf files at OS level. But this file is created by a Checkpoint process that probably will overwrite the file when I change it.  SO - NO GO. The clish config also displays the routes.

Adding a route here displays an error telling me that routes need to be added in the GUI. 

During the migration I have to delete and add about 50 routes since the interfaces will change. 

Is there a way to prepare this so I can do this using the CLI?
I have read about the "run-script" option but that only looks useful to show information from the system.

I don't want to use the GUI for this task because it takes a lot of time and a lot of mouse clicks.  

Currently, I can't add images because its a sunday and somebody killed my management VM.

Hope you can help me on this one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee++
Employee++

Re: Delete and set multiple routes in VSX mode

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Have a look at the VSX provisioning tool - sk100645

"The VSX Provisioning Tool allows the VSX administrator to add and remove Virtual Devices (VS, VR, VSW), interfaces and routes from the command line of a Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server. This allows the automation of the required VSX Provisioning operations in the environment."

Regards,

Chris

2 Replies
Employee++
Employee++

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Have a look at the VSX provisioning tool - sk100645

"The VSX Provisioning Tool allows the VSX administrator to add and remove Virtual Devices (VS, VR, VSW), interfaces and routes from the command line of a Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server. This allows the automation of the required VSX Provisioning operations in the environment."

Regards,

Chris

Brambo
Ivory

Jump to solution

Hi Chris, 

Thank you very much for the reply.
This will make my day tomorrow.

I prepared the entire change using as much of the provisioning tool as I can.

Best regards,

Bram

0 Kudos