Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Creating Rules in R80.10 domain controlled by multi domain server (Provider 1) using R80.10 API

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a multi-domain server (Provider 1) with a domain (without any global policy assigned).

Tried creating a rule using R80.10 API but it shows "Requested object [Network] not found" error.

I am able to log in, create a host but not able to do anything which requires layer information using R80.10 API.

Tried creating a new layer as well but it shows "Runtime error: An internal error has occurred."

How are we supposed to create a rule for such type of setup?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Hi Tomer,

I was using below syntax to login to a domain before:

{

"user" : "username",
"password" : "password"

}

But login to the domain with below syntax solve the problem of "Object not found" and "empty layer list":

{

"password" : "password",

"domain" : "domain name"

}

Now I am able to create a rule as well as able to fetch the list of all the layers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Admin
Admin

Moving this to Developers (Code Hub)‌.

Generally, you should be able to create rules and the like using the API with Multi-Domain.

All the API calls should have a "Domain" parameter to make sure you are executing the command in the correct domain. 

It would help if you could post the exact API calls you were making.

Contributor

Hi,

I was using "add-access-rule" API to create rule and "add-access-layer" to create the new layer.

These Apis don't have "domain" parameter.

This problem is solved by making login call using "domain" parameter.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

RIght, you have to log into the correct domain when you create the session.

I was misremembering the AP documentation.

0 Kudos

can you please specify the API syntax which you have been using to login, create the network, and then create the rule with the "object not found" problem?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Tomer,

I was using below syntax to login to a domain before:

{

"password" : "password"

}

But login to the domain with below syntax solve the problem of "Object not found" and "empty layer list":

{

"password" : "password",

"domain" : "domain name"

}

Now I am able to create a rule as well as able to fetch the list of all the layers.

View solution in original post

Explorer

Thanks Ekta. I was stuck at the same point.

0 Kudos