cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Koopman
Contributor

CheckPoint.NET Class Library for Web API

Hello All,

I have started a new project of creating a .NET class library for talking to the Web API easily. My goal is to make it rather simple to integrate any .NET application to Check Point in a standard way. While I personally have a few custom internal projects that will use it, I will also be looking at migrating psCheckPoint PowerShell module to it once it is ready.

So while this project is in early stages I am interested in any questions, requests or comments anyone may have, as well has if anyone wants to help with the project in any way.

If you are interested you can watch its progress on GitHub.

GitHub - tkoopman/CheckPoint.NET 

Tim.

9 Replies
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Hi Tim,

Well done!

Please also take a look at this open source SDK in C# - 

https://github.com/CheckPoint-APIs-Team/cp-mgmt-api-csharp-sdk

It was developed by our API team.

Robert.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to clarify, this is for the Identity Awareness API, correct? (which we call Web API)

0 Kudos
Tim_Koopman
Contributor

To begin with it will actually be for the Management API via the Web Services. Didn't know you called the IA API, Web API, else I would of not used that term.

Like I did with psCheckPoint I may add IA API to it but focus currently is on management.

Tim_Koopman
Contributor

Just to give you all an update. This is now available on nuget.org and currently has most Network Objects & TCP/UDP Services implemented. More to come.

Links:

NuGet Gallery | CheckPoint.NET 0.1.3 

GitHub - tkoopman/CheckPoint.NET 

CheckPoint.NET - Documentation 

Robert_Decker
Advisor

Tim, wow!!! This is really good job.

Did you tried to use our C# SDK to accomplish this work? It was posted for developments like yours...

Robert

Tim_Koopman
Contributor

I did have a look at it, but what I was after was something that went a bit further in doing the extra stuff like, converting data to and from .net data types, implementing all the different object types like you did here in one of your examples and working around API bugs (Have found a few).

This way it keeps this all together, reusable & tested separate from the rest of the applications that use it. This will make those applications more just focused on what they want to do with the data.

Robert_Decker
Advisor

Tim,

If you have found bugs in API SDK, please let me know so that I can fix them.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KonstantinS
Participant

Hi @Tim_Koopman ,

Did you ever try to integrate the Access Roles to your .NET Library?

Currently I'm struggling with this object type, because the REST API responds in case of "any" (networks/users/machines) with a plain string "any", instead of using the CpmiAnyObject (like for remote-access-client).

So it is hard to define the data types for the attributes of a Access Role class. Sometimes it would be an object (e.g. CpmiAdGroup, CpmiAdUser) and sometimes a plain string.

Regards,

Konstantin

Tim_Koopman
Contributor

Morning @KonstantinS,

Currently no I have done Access Roles but it is defiantly something I could look at adding. I have only just come back to working on this and psCheckPoint recently as I just didn't have time for a while. Once I finish an old request to allow new rules to be created in psCheckPoint I will look at this. Sounds like it could be a fun one to do with what you have said.

If you like you could create a Issue entry over on GitHub for this feature request.

Regards

Tim

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events