Recent Posts

1 update since last visit
jean-b380a05f-304b-42a4-b4a2-eb81d813c9ea
Introductory note: Since some documents haven't been given the little love they deserve IMHO, I'm going to document my findings and proposals for improving them here, for everyone's benefit. Usually, I've tried giving feedback in said articles, but either they didn't change anything (even though they said I was correct) or they just didn't… (Show more)
Travis Poole
Hi. Trying to figure out how to find "missing" objects. While testing the SmartMove tool, ran the script files. They completed without issue but the objects didn't appear in the dashboard. Tried installing db same thing. Checked the Domain server with dbedit and the objects aren't there. Checked the MDS with dbedit and they weren't there either.… (Show more)
in Management (R80.10)
crodr13366061-85ad-4796-a4c3-2421d31cd95e
Hi,   Using the APP & URL Filtering from R77.30 or R80.10, I can not block HTTPS websites, the Check Point Bypass.   For example, I create a custom App/Sites and add the following site: *.hltv.org If I type http://www.hltv.org, is block, but If I type https://www.hltv.org it's allowed.   How can I block HTTPS URL?   Thanks.
in Management (R80.10)
Alex Rozhko
Probably OLD and not interesting Q... but.. When SNX came out it was WOW factor... especially for those who managed to make AD/SMS 2-fa work. As time went by it became more and more unreliable. Is there any plans on CP dev team to make mobile clients be AD integrated and SMS compatible for 2-fa authentication? Certificates was good idea but it… (Show more)
in General Product Topics
Vladimir Yakovlev
I was working on preparing a guide for one of my clients and decided to run this script for verification of the fwm after migrate export. To my surprise, the results were: [Expert@SMS8010:0]# date; $FWDIR/scripts/server_status.sh Fri Feb 23 15:40:17 EST 2018 Checking server status. Please wait... 15:40:18,423 INFO… (Show more)
in Management (R80.10)
Christophe SIEBERT
Hello, See this post Memory status shows red color on management server  for the beginning of this thread and the relevant screenshots. I'm posting here to have clues to understand why memory is swapping on our active gateway.   We have a cluster of two 5400 appliances and one SMS server to handle the management, logging and monitoring. These… (Show more)
Danny Jung
A new General Availability Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take for R77.30 (Take 292) is available.   Take_292 is the latest General Availability release that can be directly downloaded from Check Point Cloud using CPUSE and from sk106162   Take Date CPUSE Identifier CPUSE offline package Take_292 19 Dec 2017… (Show more)
Matt Parfitt
We are using Microsoft DirectAccess and we are trying to implement CheckPoint Proxy with HTTPS Inspection. We have managed to get Proxy & URL Filtering working via DirectAccess, however the logs do not show the originating computer/user, it just shows the VPN Server as the source.   This is obviously a problem when troubleshooting a specific… (Show more)
Raj Khatri
I am trying to setup email alerts for threats as they are detected (Anti-virus, Anti-bot, etc.) and configured Automatic Reactions within SmartEvent R80.10.  While I am able to get email alerting working, the email content provides no value as there the Attack Details is empty and having UserID information would be useful.  Also, I don't see a way… (Show more)
Oussama Kadim
Bonjour,   Je souhaiterai implémenter l'ID Awareness sur checkpoint basé sur une authentification AD. Le problème qui se pose est que le client ne souhaite pas que l'AD envoi les events logs au checkpoint. Pouvez vous me dire si il y a une possibilité de faire de l'ID awareness avec une authentification AD sans que le Firewall ne recupère les… (Show more)
Alex Rozhko
what are the advantages of using Bridge mode? Can I use Bridge and Routed modes on the same gateway?
Moti Sagey
Just had a fun geeky conversation with Dameon Welch Abernathy (AKA Phoneboy) Jony Fischbein , Jeff Schwartz and Michael Poublon (over 100 accumulated years of experience in Check Point products) , on what are our favorite & most useful commands in a Check Point environment. Below are my 3 , plz add yours in the comments (we will do a poll for the… (Show more)
MIRCEA MITROI
Hi all!   We have a distributed management/reporting deployment with 1 x R80.10 SmartCenter, 1 x R80.10 SmartEvent and 1 x R77.30.03 SmartEndpoint mgmt server. We have established opsec lea between SmartEvent and Endpoint Server, we receive the logs, the cpstat cpsead looks fine, we can find them under the smartlog, but we cannot find them under… (Show more)
Load more items