Recent Posts

1 update since last visit
Blason R
Hi Team,   I believe if emote agents needs to communicate with Management server I guess I need to use FQDN right? Or how agents will come to know the public IP address which is natted IP for EPM server over the internet? And which is best method to be used FQDN or Public IP?
in SandBlast
Valeri Loukine
CCMA's blog: CPET session 2, Stateful Inspection: the good, the bad, the ugly, the brilliant   The date and time will follow soon, stay tuned
in R80 General Topics
Moti Sagey
Hi, kudos for Valeri Loukine for driving this independent initiative session 1 talked about :   tech and marketing drivers behind R80, a historical view on Check Point releases what's new for both management and gateway why it takes over three years to release full version of the product? what are pros and cons of moving to R80 what to… (Show more)
in R80 General Topics
Daniel Fischler
I know that in R80.10 you can add multiple Layers in the Access Control Part of the Policy. My understanding is, that if there is an accept in the first layer, the next Layer is checked and so on. If I use the implicit accept setting in the all Layers (except the last one) all layers are allways checked. So only connections that are accepted… (Show more)
in Policy Management
Chris Denham
Its CCSE renewal time coming up - wondering if the R80 exam material and exams will be around soon enough to justify waiting? I read somewhere that they were going to hit late Q2 2016?   Has anyone renewed their CCSE doing the R77 or R77 upgrade exams recently? Got any study material worth looking at?
in R80 General Topics
Kaushal Varshney
Check Point’s CheckMe is a free and instant network security assessment tool. Using a series of simulations, CheckMe instantly identifies security risks on your network, and provides you with a detailed report on network vulnerabilities and recommendations. To learn more watch this 3-minute video - CheckMe: FREE and Instant Network Security… (Show more)
in SandBlast
Dameon Welch Abernathy
When using exceptions in the Threat Prevention profile, it's possible that some files randomly will not get scanned and emulated by Threat Emulation. This happens when an exception is less specific than the Threat Emulation rule and the "Inactive" action is used.   This is a configuration error that can be corrected by following this SK: Files… (Show more)
in SandBlast
Dameon Welch Abernathy
This is the Check Point product in a virtual machine that runs on VMware ESX without the use of NSX or ACI. It's what Check Point used to call Check Point Virtual Edition (VE) Network Mode and should operate like a standard, regular Layer 3 gateway. The old Check Point VE Hypervisor Mode product relies on components that VMware has deprecated… (Show more)
in vSEC
Moti Sagey
Check Point Security Gateway Architecture and Packet Flow AbstractThis document describes the packet flow in a Check Point Next Generation Threat Prevention gateway. Stateful inspection, network and port address translation (NAT), Virtual Private Network (VPN) functions and forwarding are applied per-packet on the inbound and outbound interfaces… (Show more)
in SandBlast
Kaushal Varshney
SandBlast Agent prevents threats in two steps - detection and remediation. SandBlast Agent forensics analysis is triggered as soon as a threat is detected. SandBlast Agent forensics instantly provide security teams with a crystal-clear understanding of cyber-attacks, empowering them to focus on effective incident triage and response.     Share… (Show more)
in SandBlast
Kyle Reynolds
Welcome to the CheckMates Community! The purpose of this thread is to introduce yourself to the community. I'll start it off - I'm Kyle. I joined Check Point in August '15 and currently reside in San Carlos, CA. I'm the Community Manager here, so should you need any help or just want to share a suggestion, please don't hesitate to reach out!
in R80 General Topics
ohws1d4b1f2b-2a1c-4bb9-858c-c78a1cd1d1bc
I installed the R80(Ver. 18-03-2016) in Vmware(CPU:2core, RAM 4GB). I enabled the SmartEvent Blade ( with corelation server ) , but SmartEvent service is not started. " Error: CPSEMD not running - process appears to be down "   $CPDIR/log/cpwd.elg log [cpWatchDog 3411 4148991696]@CPMGT2[27 Mar  7:20:29] [SUCCESS] Client(pid=12105) was… (Show more)
in R80 General Topics
Load more items